“Nice”

Sands Casino Resort
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights. Room was excellent. On site restaraunts where very good. What makes this property different is that it's built on the site of the old steel mill. They have left the blast furnaces and parts of the old mill standing. This gives the area a unique look and feel. Also has a small outlet mall attached. Enjoyed my stay here. The staff where very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: July 2014
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor! I am so happy to hear that Sands Bethlehem exceeded your expectations and I am truly glad that you had such an amazing stay.

I hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future and all of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to your return trip!

There are newer reviews for Sands Casino Resort

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We live in the Lehigh Valley and have been to the Sands Casino many times, but decided to celebrate our anniversary by spending the night in Bethlehem. We were impressed with the king size bed, spacious room and cleanliness . We also liked the added security by needing a room key to access the elevator and the complimentary continental breakfast. There is also a walking/running path along the river. The only recommendation is to supply guests with more comfortable pillows.

Room Tip: Request a king size bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelmom707

On behalf of Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your special anniversary! We know you have many options when it comes to staying in Bethlehem, PA, but we know our commitment to customer service is just one of the many reasons that keeps customers coming back. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write to us after your stay.

I will pass your comments about the pillows along to hotel management for review so they may be able to address this situation immediately.

We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our unmatched customer service!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Small group of 16 people and we were all very impressed with the accommodations, the meeting space, meals, and most of all the service - professional, friendly and efficient! Last minute requests were filled graciously and effectively. The staff could not have been better.

Room Tip: corner suites are large with wonderful views of the area and river. But the standard rooms are much...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent meeting at Sands Bethlehem - It was a pleasure reading your review! I am also delighted to hear that there were so many pleasant highlights about your stay and I appreciate you sharing them with us.

On behalf of all of us at Sands Bethlehem, we look forward to hosting your meetings at Sands Bethlehem again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a concert to attend in Bethlehem. We're from NYC, so it was a drive and figured we could stay nearby. Casino resorts are generally expensive if you're not a player. Imagine our surprise when we spotted some fall offers right near Thanksgiving on their site! We got a double queen room that was clean and tidy. It was great to go from the room to the concert (leaving all our stuff) and back to the room afterwards. Really convenient for these events. I spotted some restaurants in the hotel also, not to mention the casino. Fun gambling added to the experience. We would go back. Only drawback was if you need little convenience store items, the convenience store in the casino does close by 11 I believe? So, you would need to venture out. I would just pick up what you need along the way, so you don't have to leave the resort.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you very much for reviewing Sands Bethlehem on TripAdvisor - We appreciate your positive review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations at the Sands Hotel and that you found your room to be clean and tidy. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the other amenities on property, such as the Event Center, casino, and restaurants.

I will pass your comments about the convenience store along to hotel management as we are always open to suggestions.

Again, thank you for reviewing Sands Bethlehem on TripAdvisor. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we are excited for your return in the near future!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Check in was a breeze. We have stayed here several times before but usually in December. We stayed in a king suite which was very roomy and very clean.It was a smoking room but there was not a strong smell of previous smokers. There is a pool area which we didn't use but there were quite a few people enjoying it. There are outlet stores attached to the resort and also a food court. The casino is a short walk from where check in is .There are a few restaurants in the casino area so we made reservations for Emeril's Italian when we booked our room,and the food and atmosphere was awesome.We would definately eat there again. The Sand's offers a continental breakfast which my sister and brother in law ate at and they said it was very good. The casino is nice and has a few different bars but last call is around 130-2 oclock which we thought was a little early but not a big deal. Will definately go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sjglasslady

Thank you for your positive review of Sands Bethlehem. It is our goal to make sure that our guests are treated with the best service from check-in to check-out, so I am pleased that you were able to experience just that. Also, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the various amenities around the property, so thank you for sharing your insight and feedback with us and fellow Trip Advisor travelers.

Again, I am grateful for your positive review and all of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had tickets for a concert at the event center and decided to spend the night. I must say from the moment we got out of the car I was impressed. We decided to valet park when we arrived at the hotel, and after a few minutes the valet arrived, apologizing for the wait since he was the only one on that evening..very nice and courteous employee. The check in was fast and easy and again, the person checking us in, very polite and courteous and nice! Got up to our room and very pleasantly surprised. The room was large, very clean, the linens were so nice, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was huge. Although we didn't go to gamble, I thought the casino was also very nice...yes, there were smokers, but it didn't really affect us. The restaurants were excellent, and the access to the event center for the concert was easy. My husband and I had a great weekend there and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindyb326

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for your fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you had a great time at the concert and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel, restaurants, and Event Center.

Also, please note that I will pass your comments along to the hotel and valet staff so they can take pride in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay. Thank you for writing such kind words!

All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Marketing Coodinator

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Spent a night here after a show at the event center. The hotel rooms are large, comfortable, and very clean. Access to the event center is a true plus. No charge for self- parking car. I am not a fan of casinos and when walking to the restaurant area, the smokers were numerous.
I would return for another show but would not travel there must to gamble.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VermontFrau

Thank you for taking the time to review Sands Bethlehem on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate that you have allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and for sharing your comments with fellow Trip Advisor travelers. While we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I am disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success, and I am sorry for the negative impact the smoke had upon your well-being, and overall experience here. Please note that we take all comments and concerns into consideration and we will look into it accordingly.

All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to your return in the near future!