“room 1508”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“room 1508”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Nice room but it was like being next to the engine room on a tramp steamer. Vibrations, noise, and clanging pipes all night. In room coffee maker did not work. Low flow shower head. AAA 4 diamonds my giggy.

1 Thank George I
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to visit Sands Bethlehem and share your review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed to learn that you had a negative experience while visiting, and I’m sorry to hear that your hotel room did not exceed your expectations. We value your patronage and we apologize for the inconveniences you faced. I have passed along your comments to the appropriate department, however if there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us by sending us a direct message to our Trip Advisor account or by emailing us at publicrelations@pasands.com.

Marketing Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Went to Musikfest and stayed at the Casino. Check in and parking were easy. The food was very good with different choices. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Most of the restaurants closed early during the week but the ones in the mall were open later.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tmagee323
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at Sands Bethlehem! I understand that there are many travel options when visiting Bethlehem, PA and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing Sands Bethlehem to host you during your most recent visit during Musikfest. I'm happy to hear that your were satisfied with your stay overall, and that you enjoyed the convenience of check-in and parking at the hotel.

All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Long Island, NY
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Visited hotel for two nights in a standard room. Room is typical for mid-level hotel with slightly nicer furnishings (think Renaissance hotel brand). Hotel rooms and casino/dining area are oddly organized - hotel is separated from casino and food options by a long passageway (two actually - one is a nondescript hallway and the other is through a small mall full of outlet stores).

Casino area and bars were exceptionally smoky, even in areas designated as non-smoking. The casino itself is large, especially when compared to others close by (Mount Airy). The are quite of selection on tables but a heavy preference on Asian games (Sic Bo, Pai Gow Tiles, etc). Mins for our visit started at $25 (Thursday and Friday nights) and went way up from there.

If in the area I would definitely stay there again, but I would not drive from a distance if I was looking for a playable casino.

Room Tip: Rooms require that you insert your key by the door in order to make the air and lights work. Get an...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for allowing Sands Bethlehem to be your host during your recent visit to the Lehigh Valley! Your feedback is very much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success, and I am sorry for the negative impact the smoke had upon your well-being, and overall experience here.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies and I invite you to get in touch with our guest relations department as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of your visit and to do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. Please contact us at publicrelations@pasands.com so we may be able to learn more about your experience at Sands Bethlehem.

Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

One of the nicest casinos we have visited. well laid out, clean, smoke free, excellent in and out, lots of free parking. The tables and slots were very generous or we just hit them when they were hot. Hugh place with plenty of games to go around.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to read that Sands Bethlehem exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the slots and table games. We appreciate your positive comments and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Jermyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2014

food and hotel were great.
trying to get a cocktail was worst then being in a desert
gambling was average clean and well kept other than the none existent cocktail service was a ok trip ate at the buffet the service was great and also the food was excellent

1 Thank Gary M
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem! I appreciate your review, however, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. Please note that we take these matters very seriously and I am disheartened to read that your experience here at Sands Bethlehem was less than satisfactory.

As you may know, reservations are not linked to your reviews, so I am not able to reach out to you directly. I would like an opportunity to address the less than satisfactory experience you encountered and further investigate the matter. Please reach out to us at publicrelations@pasands.com at your earliest convenience.

Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I am not a gambler, but a group of us went on a girls weekend. Check in was easy once we found the lobby. There is apparently a parking garage for the hotel guests across the street of which I wasn't aware. I requested and received a nonsmoking room. It was quiet which I wasn't expecting. My biggest room complaint was there was some hair on the floor if the bathroom. Everything else seemed clean. The elevator down to the casino floor puts you in a fairly remote area which if I was alone I would not have liked. The casino was not my attraction but I really enjoyed the spa. The breakfast wasn't very good. Go buy something at the bakery. We brought bathing suits to go to the pool. Don't bother because it is really small and seemed like an after thought. Overall I had a good time and was happy that the place didn't have an overpowering smell of smoke and was fairly quiet

Stayed August 2014
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to read that Sands Bethlehem was able to provide excellent customer service and accommodations to you and your group, however I apologize that the breakfast and pool did not suit your needs. Please note that I will pass your comments along to the appropriate management departments for review so they may be able to address the issues at hand.

All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Although we had visited this casino before we had never stayed at the hotel. If you have a casino card the room comes at a discount, which we had. We arrived around 3:30 pm and took the valet parking. The valet parking attendants are very nice and courteous. They advised us the daily rate and took the luggage out of the trunk and into the hotel. Check in was quick and courteous. Room 1407 was perfect for my wife because it is near the elevator, but no elevator noise. We did pretty good at the casino, but the Outlet Stores are really great. I'm not a shopper but I got a couple of good deals. Most items are 60% off including Coach bags for my wife. The free continental breakfast is great, served from 7am to 11am. We got their about 10:30am and there was still plenty left. Cereal, fresh fruit, pastries, toast and bagels. There are also toasters. Coffee, tea, and plenty of juices. The room was pretty good with the Kcup coffee maker. There is a food court, a Carnegie Deli with giant sandwichs. I watched a lady win $21,500 on a slot machine in the high rollers section. We will be going back again.

Room Tip: 1407 was close to the elevators, quiet and good views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for reviewing Sands Bethlehem on TripAdvisor - We appreciate your positive review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations at the Sands Hotel and that you found your room to be quiet and comfortable. I am also pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the savings at The Outlets at Sands Bethlehem - It sounds like you were able to find great deals!

Again, thank you for reviewing Sands Bethlehem on TripAdvisor. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we are excited for your return trip in the near future!