Sands Casino Resort
Hyatt Place Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$98
US$88
US$162
US$142
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites University(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
ComfortSuites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$197
  • Restaurant
US$163
US$88
All reviewsfood courtoutlet mallatlantic citytable gamescarnegie delichop houseevent centerirish pubnon smoking sectionconcert venuebethlehem steelcontinental breakfastsands casinoroom keynice featurebagelsgreat weekend
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This experience was by far better than we thought it would be in the way of rooms and service. (a bit pricey though on weekends) The room was very nice and clean and the service from the time of check-in was super. The breakfast on Sunday morning was very good too. Monday was ok... just regular continental fare. NOW to discuss the food at the courtyard - it was disgusting - along with the service - as good as the rooms and hotel service was... that's how terrible the food and service was in the courtyard. Servers there were rude and nasty.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeeS9348
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the time you took to write about your visit and we're glad these items have been brought to our attention. It is disappointing to hear that your visit was not a complete success, since we strive to provide the best service, amenities, and dining/gaming/shopping options to our guests.

If there is anything we can do to improve our service to you on future visits, please don't hesitate to send us an email at publicrelations@pasands.com or send us a direct message through Trip Advisor. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The whole casino complex is huge and a bit confusing to first timers. However, after reading some reviews we knew we wanted valet for the hotel. I am not too sure about the check in process by individuals at desks. We arrived at about 7pm and there were only 2 people on duty and had to wait awhile to get checked in as I think people get too comfortable sitting at a desk and it slows the process. Have more staff or rethink the process. (There were at least 2 unstaffed desks) Also there was no organized line, so it was a bit confusing. However, all staff was extremely nice, courteous, and very welcoming. You must use your room key to access the elevator to get to your floor. As much as I love this idea and sense of security, it is not a fail-proof system. The key cards don't always work and everyone who enters must slide their key to enter their floor. At one point we had resigned to the fact that we would get off on a floor that someone had accessed and walk to our floor. Thankfully we got one of our keys to work and got to our floor after riding a bit. As for the free WiFi, that is an over statement to say the least. If you can make a connection it is the slowest internet since dial-up. Don't go with any expectations for connection. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. We would stay again. Our particular view was of the roof, so no kudos there, but my purpose wasn't for the view. The casino is huge. Lots of slots in the smoking and nonsmoking section. The table games included a lot of Asian style games I was not familiar with. The casino draws a lot of people, but not necessarily gamblers. I found lots of people just sitting in the chairs at the slots rendering them unavailable to those of us that wish to play. If you like Emerils, then this is the foodie resort for you. I will embellish on that experience under the restaurant. Overall, the Sand's hotel was a good experience with friendly staff.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sands Bethlehem with us on TripAdvisor! I am sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced with the check-in process, and we certainly apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. I will forward your comments to the appropriate department so they may be able to address these issues.

Also, I apologize for the slow internet WiFi connection and the issues you experienced with the room key in the elevator. I'm certain that if you would have contacted the front desk, they would have been able to assist you and issued you another key.

It is my sincere hope that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future, so if there is anything we can do to earn your future loyalty, please don't hesitate to contact us at publicrelations@pasands.com.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My girlfriend and I visit the Sands 2-4 times per month and always have a great time. The Sands is easily accessed of I-78 and always an impressive sight when arriving and seeing the whole renovation from the Bethlehem steel mill into a casino which is somehow very aesthetic and unique while preserving the city's history at the same time. The interior of the place is very large but always clean and inviting and the staff always friendly. There is never a smokey smelling atmosphere in the casino, even in the smoking areas.

The Sands has the newest and largest selection of slots I would say of any casino I've been to in PA and probably the east coast except for maybe the Borgata. There has been some slots they've gotten rid of that I'm sad to see go however. Some of the Monopoly themed slots like Advance to Boardwalk were always popular but now gone. Most of the group play slots like Clue, Battleship and Journey to Oz have also disappeared which seems odd because we always had to wait in line to play many of these when they did have them so it's not they weren't profitable. Slot payouts overall seem on par with most other casinos we've been to. We rarely seem to leave with much more than we came with but at the same time we never leave miserable either. We always feel like we got a solid nights entertainment for the money we brought.

The Sands has plenty of table games and a poker room which always seems packed. There always seems to be plenty of action at the tables no matter the time of day, more so than most other casinos I've been to and it appears as though they keep expanding more tables into other areas of the casino to accommodate.

There is a great selection of food here no matter what your budget. We usually eat at Emeril's Burgers and More which is always outstanding or the SteelWorks Buffet which is a welcome addition. The buffet is always good and worth every penny but it is a little on the small side so I would probably rate it number 2 compared to the Epic buffet at Hollywood Casino, Grantville. One thing I do have issue with is the drink service here. Some other area casinos have self service soda fountains if you get thirsty which the Sands does not. And finding a waitress can be hit or miss. Some nights a waitress will walk by every almost every minute other nights you could go 20-30 minutes without seeing one. The girls are always very friendly when you find them however.

The comps at the Sands are the best of any casino I've been to. The free slot play they give is Wayyy above what other casinos offer. They are also always having other fun promotions like slot tournaments, drawings and car giveaways. I'm not sure if they are giving free room offers to members as I have yet to receive any or heard from others who have.

Overall, this the Sands is our favorite PA casino. Our trips here are always very enjoyable and well worth a few hour day trip or even an overnight stay. Things that keep us coming back are the excellent comps, the great selection of slots and food as well as always having a clean and friendly environment. You wont find any shady clientele here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on Trip Advisor! I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful trip to Sands Bethlehem and that you always enjoy your visit every time you are here. Rest assured that your review has been shared with our Team Members, and I am confident that our staff will be delighted to know that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for choosing us as the best casino in PA! All of us at Sands Bethlehem value your patronage and we certainly hope to host you again on many more trips so that we may continue to provide you with excellent service.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Nice room but it was like being next to the engine room on a tramp steamer. Vibrations, noise, and clanging pipes all night. In room coffee maker did not work. Low flow shower head. AAA 4 diamonds my giggy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George I

Thank you for taking the time to visit Sands Bethlehem and share your review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed to learn that you had a negative experience while visiting, and I’m sorry to hear that your hotel room did not exceed your expectations. We value your patronage and we apologize for the inconveniences you faced. I have passed along your comments to the appropriate department, however if there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us by sending us a direct message to our Trip Advisor account or by emailing us at publicrelations@pasands.com.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Went to Musikfest and stayed at the Casino. Check in and parking were easy. The food was very good with different choices. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Most of the restaurants closed early during the week but the ones in the mall were open later.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tmagee323
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at Sands Bethlehem! I understand that there are many travel options when visiting Bethlehem, PA and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing Sands Bethlehem to host you during your most recent visit during Musikfest. I'm happy to hear that your were satisfied with your stay overall, and that you enjoyed the convenience of check-in and parking at the hotel.

All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!