“Food is Fair; Service is not”

Eastern Palace Restaurant
Ranked #241 of 354 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have gone to this restaurant several times, and while the food is okay, the service seems to be getting worse. The last time we were there, the waiter didn't even ask what we would like to drink, took our orders, disappeared until he brought the food, and never stopped back to ask if we needed anything else.

Food was fair; egg rolls exceptionally greasy though. This will be our last visit. There are so many better Asian restaurants in the area.

There are newer reviews for Eastern Palace Restaurant

Reviewed 25 August 2012

My wife ordered food and brought it home. When my son opened his dumplings, there was a cockroach on top. Took it back for a full refund. Will never eat there again. Enough said.

1  Thank LifeInER
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Haven't been to this restaurant in a number of years. Decided to try the garlic chicken combination plate. I was surprised to see the chicken was shredded and not cut into bigger pieces. It was ok; just enough spice for me. Another person at the table had the pepper steak. They also said it was just ok; could have used more flavor. The one thing I noticed was that both the fried noodles and the egg rolls were way too dark in color which meant they were on the burnt side or the oil may have been a little too old. I may stop by again if I am in the area.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We have been going to this restaurant off and on since it opened. I can tell you that it's not the same as it was when the first owner had it. I don't know if we went on an off night orr not but it wasn't one of our better experiences there. The service was absolutely horrible. We had to wait a long time until our order was taken--the waiter seemed to disappear frequently. He took three tables orders at the same time and then brought out a cart each time with the food for all three tables at the same time. Not very individualized, for sure. We had to ask for more noodles and tea, no anticipation from the waiter. The food was OK, again not as it used to be years ago. IT will be a while until we go here again. If you want good food and good service, try Imperial on Wm Penn Hgw.

1  Thank 1976RN
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This is a clean, comfortable diner type restaurant. The food is good and staff friendly, plus the owner is also present and willing to solve any problem or just to say hello.