“Historic will all the Amenities”

Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is a very old and historic property so I was suprised when I walked in my room. First I want to say when I checked in and went to the room it had 2 double beds. I prefer a king so i dropped my bags and went to the front desk and asked if one was available. Cindy at the front desk told me that they were all taken and I understood because my reservation was a short notice situation. I went to the restaurant and ordered lunch( which was great) and before I had finished Cindy appeared with keys and said she was able to work some things and had secured me a king room. I was suprised and grateful. Now back to the room, for a historic hotel it exceeded the modern touches of most modern hotels. Big flatscreen tv, fast wireless internet, i home docking station for your ipod and a Korieg (sp) coffee maker. Everything was great, I was really disappointed I was only staying 2 nights. The hotel is located in an area that has many excellent locally owned restaurants and bars. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

1  Thank mwayc
Sean L, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hi mwayc,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am happy to see that Cindy was able to switch you into a room with a King size bed. As you mentioned we are a Historic Hotel. We strive to stay ahead of the curve with modern amenities that guests such as you expect and want when you are traveling and staying in a Hotel all while embracing and staying true to our history. I would highly recommend that you dine in 1741 on the Terrace the next time you are with us we have recently restored it to its original Solarium theme.

Thank you again. We hope you choose to stay with us in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Wonderful customer service, terrific and comfortable beds. Close to wonderful shops and restaurants that were right on the same street. It was quaint, friendly and had a shuttle to the airport. I would recommend this place for anyone who wants a great get-away.
Only thing I would recommend would be to have a small microwave in the room.

1  Thank Roslyn C

Hi Roslyn C,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We pride ourselves on providing the best guest experience possible and are pleased to hear that we did just that. We do offer microwaves upon request. When you stay with us again make sure you let the reservationist know when reserving your room or the front desk when you check in and we will make sure we place one in your room.

We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Bethlehem!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have traveled globally professionally and personally and this is TRULY my favorite hotel by far. The rooms are fantastic and spacious. The staff are always professional, friendly, and helpful. I have never had a bad meal downstairs in the restaurant (and the view is lovely by the windows). One of these days I am going to try to arrive a little early so I can go to that Moravian Bookstore across the street. My client tells me it is fantastic. The location is picturesque with wonderful views of the street and hills. I do love coming here - even though I have to be away from my family and working. I know they would love to be here with me.

Room Tip: My favorite room is 932. The higher the room, the more expansive the view
1  Thank bSaritab
Sean L, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Hi bSaritab,

Thank you for this glowing review. We are honored to be your favorite Hotel. The Moravian Bookstore is a must see while in Bethlehem, it is the oldest continually operating bookstore in the World. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the Hotel and our restaurants when you are here. Just like your favorite room they have some of the best views in Bethlehem.

Thank you for being a loyal guest. We truly appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Yes, the Hotel Bethlehem has a glorious past and the rooms on the ground floor are beautiful and beautifully restored. The guest rooms --- the reason one goes to a hotel --- leave a lot to be desired. The rooms are small and beg for renovation: strip the layers of paint and make it look good. The bathroom is so small that you have to close the door to use the facilities. (Good bathroom amenities, though.)
The restaurant, often empty the two times I have been there, is good, if the menu is a trifle pretentious. The portions are too large. The service is cordial and pleasant.

Hi pcp0827,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that you were disappointed in your guest room. Should you choose to stay with us the next time you are in Bethlehem, I would recommend one of our suites. They offer a larger floor plan that feature a living room area and a king size bed. We have done several renovations and updates in the past couple of years including 42” LCD flat screen TV’s, complete renovation of the guest room bathrooms, bedding and linens were replaced last year, and the window drapes and sheers were updated just this year. Our rooms also feature Keurig single serve coffee makers, ihome alarm clock iPod docking stations, and small refrigerators. As you are aware the hotel offers two restaurant options. 1741 on the Terrace is our room with a view and a fine dining experience. The Tap Room is casually elegant and the Lehigh Valley’s premier live Jazz venue. Our Executive Chef within the past two weeks has implemented new menus featuring Fresh Seafood, Prime Grade Steaks, and Chicken or Veal Parmesan.

We appreciate your feedback. We also hope that you choose to stay with us in the future the next time you are in Bethlehem.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My wife and I recently spent an anniversary weekend at the Hotel Bethlehem and it was a great choice. First of all, for those guests arriving with a dog we found the hotel to be not only pet-tolerant, but actually pet-friendly. Our hound was greeted with her own doggie bed, food and water bowls, treats, disposable waste bags and directions for the best local dog walks. We've stayed in a number of hotels with our dog and this is the best she has been treated to date. Likewise, we had purchased the 'Romance Package' and found ourselves well-treated at a decent price with champagne, dinner & breakfast included and provided in a timely fashion. The hotel is well-situated for walking around downtown Bethlehem and ducking into a decent selection of boutiques. The Terrace restaurant was unfortunately booked for a private event so we took our dinner in the Tap Room and cannot comment on the ambience of their main restaurant, but the dinner from the Terrace was pleasing and appropriately priced. We also enjoyed the 'Summer in Paris' martinis. Overall, Hotel Bethlehem delivered exactly what we wanted: a pet-friendly historic hotel that was well-situated and offered quality food and beverage with attentive, but not intrusive, service at a decent price. I would definitely recommend it to other couples, especially traveling with a dog.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CezarDuBois

Hi CezarDuBois,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to share your special weekend with us. We have several people here at the hotel myself included that have pets and are pet lovers. We know that pets are a part of the family. We do all that we can to make sure that you and your pet are as comfortable as possible while you are with us. You selected one of our most popular packages. Our Romance package is a great value and helps to provide the perfect setting for special occasions, especially an anniversary. We are extremely pleased that you, your wife, and your pup enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you! We hope to welcome you back soon…

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

If you want to be in the heart of the old quarter and feel the pull of history, this is probably the best place.

The lobby area features a bar and restaurant with a wall of historical facts and photos of celebrities who have stayed there.

We wanted a king size but could only get two double beds. It was not comfortable squeezing the two of us in and the room was not huge (924) but did have a great view of the colonial quarter and Bethlehem star illuminated on the hill.

Good Bath and Body Works toiletries, fluffy towels and hearty hair dryer. While "old" it feels recently renovated but the tub is old and not one you'd enjoy a bath in.

Service here was excellent, parking available in their lot at all times of day. Easy walk to restaurants sites and shops.

Worth the extra pennies in my opinion.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank crazytravelernyc
Sean L, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Hi crazytravelernyc,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We could not ask for a better location. We are certainly in the heart of it all. Our “Former Famous Guests” in the Tap Room is definitely something that everyone should stop and see. We also have brochures that list everyone up on the walls for those times when you recognize the face and the name is on the tip of your tongue but you just don’t know. I would like to apologize for not being able to accommodate your request for a king size bed. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful view from your room.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Travellers are lucky that this wonderful hotel has been restored to its former glory. We arrived there on a Sunday to see the famous musical brunch in full swing and immediately joined in, it is a great scene. Our rom was spacious with a nice outlook over Main Street, where all the shopping and restaurant action is nearby. Bethlehem is a magical town and this is THE place to stay.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John H

Hi John H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are the lucky ones, to have guests like yourself that appreciate the Hotel and its History as much as we do. The next time you stay with us I highly recommend a room with a view of the Bethlehem Star on the South Mountain. It is absolutely breathtaking.

Thank you again. We hope you choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Bethlehem.