“Generosity, Excellence, and Class!”

Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I cannot speak highly enough of our first experience with Hotel Bethlehem and it's staff

After a big mix up with booking on the part of Expedia, the whole staff of the Hotel went out of their way to make my boyfriend and I feel welcome and spoiled.

We were staying the night for our anniversary on Valentine's day. Not only did they save us the last available regular room on a busy weekend but they upgraded us for free to the presidential suite! We couldn't believe how big the room was! I kept waiting for someone to realize they had made a mistake and throw us out! LOL.

We had the best Valentine's/Anniversary evening we have ever had. Friendly and classy servers at the bar took care of us with pre dinner drinks, the girls at the front desk made sure we had everything we needed and found our way around. We went out for dinner and came back to find the champagne and strawberries I had ordered safely tucked in the fridge. When late night munchies hit us the room service staff was gracious and the food was superb.

Comfortable beds, a clean and beautiful room, and a friendly smile at every turn. We will definitely visit again and recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone.

Thank you again, to everyone on the Hotel Bethlehem staff, for making our anniversary one to remember!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean L, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hi Janet K,

Happy Anniversary! I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you after the mix up with your reservation. The Presidential Suite is a fantastic room with beautiful views of Main St, Historic Moravian Bethlehem, and the Bethlehem Star on South Mountain. I am pleased that you were able to experience it. We are very fortunate to have a staff that enjoys what they do and goes the extra mile for our guests. You never know when a late night craving may hit, that is why we offer 24 hour room service for times just like that and our chocolate covered strawberries are prepared fresh by our Pastry Chef.

Thank you for spending your Anniversary with us! We look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Historic Hotel Bethlehem

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I just spent 2 fantastic nights at this hotel on Presidents Day Weekend. We only booked this weekend about 2 weeks before and were very fortunate to be able to get the last room available, which just so happened to be a handicapped accessible room. We are not in need of such a room and I insisted that I wouldn't want to take this room away from someone who would truly need it but I was told there would be no such issue. So, upon arrival we were greeted outside by a very cold, but nice parking attendant who asked if we needed any help with our luggage and if not he told us where we could park our car. After a short walk to to reception desk, I asked the desk clerk if there were any cancellations so we didn't have to take the handicap room and she told me that because of our concern over not needing this type of room, her general manager has decided to give us a complimentary upgrade to the Governors suite and 2 free drink coupons. Wow. We have traveled extensively all over the world and have been upgraded numerous times, however, never to anything quite like this. The suite was furnished with a dining room, which we didn't use because of the fine restaurant they have on site, (see my review of The Tap Room) a full size living room with sofa, 2 reclining chairs and a separate bedroom and bathroom about as big as I have ever seen. And the best to all of this. The cost of all of this was $449.98 plus tax of course, for the 2 nights which included 2 breakfasts and dinner one night. So, I can't speak any more highly about our experience here. We never encountered any member of the staff who wasn't above being nice and of the utmost professionalism. Everyone seems to truly enjoy working there, which lately we seem to find is not very common these days. Thanks again to everyone at this fine hotel. It was a very nice way to spend Valentines Day and our wedding anniversary, which just so happens to be the day after. We try to travel every year to celebrate this very special weekend in our lives, and I am already thinking about next year and the Hotel Bethlehem.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Nunzlux,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us. I am pleased to hear that we were able to upgrade you to our Governor Suite upon your arrival. It is a beautiful room with breathtaking views of Bethlehem. Thank you for mentioning our staff they take great pride in everything they do and it truly shows. They always work toward exceeding our guests expectations.

Thank you! We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We were visiting family and friends in Bethlehem and stayed at the Hotel Bethlehem. We had a marvelous experience from the moment we walked thriough the door. Everyone was so friendly and professional, from the Bellmen/Valet to the front desk staff to the piano player in the restaurant. My wife attended an event in the restaurant on Saturday afternoon and thought it so amazing that even though we had (hard-to-obtain) reservations at a new downtown restaurant we decided to stay in and entertain our friends at the restaurant, 1741 on the Terrace, that night where the food, service and ambiance was absolutely fantastic. The corner room we stayed in was exceptional as well, quite large with a sitting area, writing desk and a very comfortable bed, complete with exceptional bedding. We travel quite a bit and feel confident in saying that this historic hotel is a fine place to stay and we would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Bethhelem.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hi MICHAEL A,

We are happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest has a wonderful and unique experience. It is good to know that we did just that. We would also like to thank you for choosing to dine with us in 1741 on the Terrace. It really is a one of a kind dining experience. We recently returned that room back to its original solarium design. Our Suites offer a larger floor plan and beautiful views of Bethlehem.

Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you soon…

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I spent a long weekend at Hotel Bethlehem this past weekend while in town for a family shower. I must say we were quit impressed by the hotel's ambiance, convenient location and friendly staff. The food and cocktails were superb only to be outdone by the excellent piano music provided at dinner on Saturday night, at the shower on Saturday and in the open lounge area. The rooms were well appointed and the updated down bedding was superb. We also enjoyed using our Keurig in our room for our morning coffee and tea. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Colleen D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed everything about your stay and the shower that you were in town for. We have entertainment in the Hotel Wednesday – Sunday. We appreciate the feedback on the bedding and the Keurig. It is great to know that our guests enjoy them.

Thank you again! We hope to welcome you back soon…

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had our office party at Hotel Bethlehem and it was wonderful! The food was excellent and the atmosphere was just as good. The staff was very professional and helpful making sure our event was perfect. It is hard find excellent service but they sure do have it at Hotel Bethlehem.
I have also visited the Thanksgiving Brunch and can I say delicious! Can't wait to go for the Sunday Brunch.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hi Angelique L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Office Party experience! It is always nice to hear that everyone had a good time. The staff really enjoyed your group as well.

Thank you! We look forward to seeing you at our Musical Sunday Brunch!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed in this gorgeous hotel over the weekend and wished we could have stayed longer. The service is exceptional! The hotel is really beautiful and unique. The standard room is not huge but its a nice size. Very clean. The bathroom is newly redecorated and very pretty. The elevators are really cool. What made this hotel stand out is the sitting areas in the lobby - we spend entire evening sitting and listening to a music in a adjacent ballroom that had some kind of event going on and drinking cocktails from the Tap Room ( chocolate martinis are awesome! ) and having relaxed conversations. We then ordered salads from the Tap Room they served in the lobby for us - their salads are delicious! Our server Maris was super nice and attentive and very friendly and added to our overall great experience. The whole ambiance of the hotel is very enjoyable and relaxing. The reception desk staff and concierge answered all our questions and were very helpful. The hotel is located on the Main Street with all the little quaint shops and restaurants and we enjoyed strolling the street during the day. We are looking forward to going back to Hotel B.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hi mima4nyc,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We wish you could have stayed longer as well. We are thrilled to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay. The lobby is a great place to get together with friends, I’m glad that you were all able to take advantage of it. The Chocolate Martinis and salads from the Tap Room are quite popular.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you all back!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was traveling with one of my sales reps when the storm hit and we ended up in historic Bethlehem PA., and to my delight found rooms at the Historic Hotel Bethlehem! Upon arriving in the snow and cold we were greeted by a great bell hop named Scott, a Lehigh wrestling superstar who is working extra jobs to make his dream to create a sports marketing company come true. Shannon was the next great employee who checked us in and was one of the most gracious hosts I have ever encountered...and trust me I have traveled the world and she was amazing. Making sure we had everything we needed and offering suggestions those those she did not have on hand!

The rooms and beds are excellent and the bathrooms are a throw back to my Grandmothers house in Boston. So my journey down memory lane was complete and enjoyable enough it reminded me to call my Mom and tell her about it!

I would strongly suggest if you ever are within 50 miles of this hotel you make sure you make plans to stay here and enjoy all this great old hotel has to offer! It is far better than the everyday cookie cutter experiences you get from everyone else!

Cheers to the Staff at Hotel Bethlehm!
Steve

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Sean L, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hi steve g,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you and your colleague found us and enjoyed your stay. We are very fortunate to have Scott and Shannon on our team they like all of our associates strive to exceed our guests’ expectations. All of our beds are Serta Perfect Sleepers and I agree they are quite comfortable. Thank you for saying that we are “far better than the everyday cookie cutter”! We think the same thing too!

Thank you again! We hope to welcome you back soon!