Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,060 results
All reviewsgrand ballroommoravian churchmain streetterrace roomcocktail hourlehigh roomold world charmbethlehem starpenn statewedding receptionrooms are smallchristmas decorationsmodern convenienceschristmas seasonlobby barwonderful hotelthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I love old hotels and this one is lovingly restored. My dealings with staff at all levels from front desk to banquet servers was top drawer. There was a confusion regarding my reservation and the desk clerk couldn't have been more accommodating. In the course of our convention I visited a number of rooms and some were indeed small - mine was large with a wonderful large shower stall - another nice feature not found in new hotels are opening windows for fresh air. Greeting me in my room was a small basket of candy and a bottle of Fiji water - gratis. While being an old hotel they are up to date enough to have an radio alarm clock that accepts an Ipod, the television is an older tube model but the cable channel selection is extensive - including 2 or 3 HBO feeds. The banquet service was top notch and well above average banquet food quality. The vintage elevators (2) are a bit slow and small but it is fun to see the highly polished cast brass "Hotel Bethlehem" footplate bordering the marble elevator floor.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2010

If staying in a hotel that calls itself historical is your thing, then you'll love this hotel. But if you like a room that isn't tiny, like a bathroom you can turn around in, like opening the window and not being bothered by the noise of the heating/AC fans cycling on and off, like getting hot water without having to let the water run for 10 minutes or more (I'm not exaggerating on this), then stay elsewhere. Management's response to my complaints about the water led them to cut the room price $30/night. Main Street Bethlehem is very quaint, and the Moravian College tour is interesting.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2010

A classic hotel with a nice & very helpful staff. The lobby has a great looking bar & restaurant. The room we reserved on Priceline was small but nice, clean & quaint. The bathroom was on the smaller side but beautifully done marble and vintage hardware. The next morning we ate in the Terrace restaurant for breakfast, perfect.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I must admit, given the recent reviews, that I was nervous about staying at the Hotel B (I had stayed there in 1975 when I looked at Lehigh before enrolling, but that was eons ago, to be sure). I wanted to take my daughter to look at Lehigh, Lafayette, and have dinner in Bethlehem with an old family friend, so a central location was essential. I booked our stay a few days in advance. When I called the hotel and mentionned I would be there for a college visit I was offered the "Friends and Family of Lehigh" discount (10%), but I booked the room through an onlline service due to better rates. Upon arrival we were immediately offered an upgrade to a larger room on a higher floor for the same price, a definite plus. It's a historic hotel (part of the charm, at least for me), so the room was more than adequate, the bathroom small (and some of the towels were a little frayed), but it was relatively quiet overall (despite 3 weddings going on at the same time, since it was 10/10/10). Convenient parking behind the hotel. We met a friend for dinner, and went to Mama Nina's down the block, which was disappointing. Huge portions of pasta with an overly sweet sauce, wine served from plastic pitchers. But definitely packed on a holiday Monday night, which other restaurants were not (and there were not many options within walking distance). Comfortable beds, although there was some outside noise from the traffic, and at one point we could hear our neighbor's alarm clock. We opted to have a buffet breakfast at the hotel (there are very few options on a Monday morning in Bethlehem) which was convenenient. (note: it was cheaper to book the room and pay for breakfast ala carte at $12.95/pp than to take the "Bed and Breakfast" rate). A little Institutional in tone: overly hard scrambled eggs, previously frozen (I suspect) hash browns, undercooked bacon and sausage. Very good breakfast pastries and decent coffee. Very good service. All in all, a very pleasant stay, and I would recommend the Hotel B.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RetroKitch
Reviewed 17 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding earlier this month, and we found it to be very stately and unique! Even though I live in the area, I had never stayed overnight, and I enjoyed the experience. The desk staff was tremendously helpful, and I really loved the buffet the following morning! Delicious!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple