“Great food, very different but delicious”
Review of Alando - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alando
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

This place had some of the best food I've had in a long time. I've never had Kenyan food before but it was absolutely delicious! They were out of a few things when we were there but beyond that it was great all around. Nice outdoor patio seats too.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This was our first time eating Kenyan food, so I can't speak to the authenticity, but we had a nice lunch here. We had the chicken masala wrap and the beef masala wrap. The flatbread was a little sweet for my taste, but other than that it was very good. It's in a great location, especially if you eat outside, and the service was good as well. Would definitely go back to try more!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was very good Kenyan food. Service was a pleasant surprise, with the waitress checking back often and she even did not charge for the soup since they were out of the one my husband really wanted, so he tried another. Food was a little slow coming, but that often seems common for authentic freshly prepared food. Their menu says "BYOB".
The beef samosa's were good, as was the Safari Salad which was a tasty combination of grilled chicken, cucumber, carrots, pineapples and raisins. I had the beef pilau which was a generous portion of rice, spices, raisins and beef. My husband had the good beef stew and we had a side of the chapati which is a flat bread with Cardamon spice. We were too full to order a dessert. We would definitely return. We have only found one other Kenyan restaurant in Delaware that is a little better, but it is new so not listed yet.
I always ask for a paper menu from restaurants we enjoy and plan on returning to and double paper punch them into a notebook we keep of favorite restaurants.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have been ordering my lunch from here a lot. There are so many restaurants to choose from but their food is always great and they give you a nice portion. The only problem I had was the place is small and sometimes it takes a little longer than expected but I can live with that :-)

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Almost missed the restaurant while we were walking along Main St Bethlehem. You walk in and it's a coffee shop, then further back is the restaurant. Small place with African decor. Wife ordered the mung bean dish cooked in coconut milk. Very tasty. I ordered a chicken dish. Nice folks. Did not take long for food to arrive after we ordered. Would go back to try out the other dishes. Wife found the place interesting because she's been in Tanzania, very close to Kenya.