“Great way to begin a Vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Molinari's

Molinari's
Ranked #26 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Asheville
“Great way to begin a Vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Thanks to a suggestion from our Inn, we were delighted walking the few blocks to Molinari's for dinner at 7. The restaurant was not crowded (it was a Tuesday evening) and Christine (?) was very knowledgeable about each item on the menu and its preparation. We're traveled in Italy and still needed a little help in ordering. Everything was wonderful, tasty and plentiful. My steak was cooked perfectly The olive oil for dipping was fragrant and the red wine a great choice. Only wish there was room for one of the tempting desserts! Wish we had a Molinari's in our home town.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Charles R

Mebane, North Carolina
“Good night spot in Bethlehem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stopped by here after going to steel stacks for a concert. There are a couple of pizza places and sportsbars in the area, but not many good restaurants. We stopped by and while the menu was a little confusing the waitress was very accommodating and helped us out. We ordered a couple of pizza which were a neopolitan very thin crust pizza, with very fresh ingredients, and they were tasty. Price was on target. It is not super cheap but not overly expensive.
Overall happy with it, but clean up the menu just a bit.

• Visited August 2013
MMangia, Owner at Molinari's, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you for your considerate review. The menu is constructed so as to provide the complete experience as if you were in Italy. It is our goal that once you enter our doors it is as if you traveled to Italy including the menu. We know that can be awkward but that is part of the fun of being there. However we do understand it can be somewhat intimidating. So we are making a few changes to the menu in the near future to make it more approachable. Thank you. Fran Molinari, owner
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Unchanging”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant when it first opened and found it expensive and the menu lacking. I decided to visit again and had a very similar experience. I ordered a cheese plate, the bread served with this plate was too heavy and overpowered the flavor of the cheese. I ordered a steak. My steak came with potatoes and green beans - all stacked on one another. My steak was precut and my entree was presented to me in a form similar to that of a casserole dish. The food is very expensive, but it is not poor in quality. The drinks were good, and the servers friendly. This place isn't bad; I just don't see that it is worth 100+ dollars for a meal for two.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank S N
MMangia, Owner at Molinari's, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your considerate review. Our menu changes constantly since it our goal to serve only the freshest available locally grown produce. In addition, as you pointed out, we would rather serve the highest quality fresh products available than serve substandard products and reduce our prices. But if you were to compare our prices to other similar restaurants in the area, you will see we are in the same range, but providing the freshest, highest quality, premise made food. Also, we do try to provide a wide range of items on the menu at different price points so guests can stay within their budget. Please give us another try with these things in mind. Fran Molinari, owner
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Superb food, annoying menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

What's the first thing you look at in a restaurant? The menu, correct? So why would a restaurant design their menu to be difficult for an English-speaking American to comprehend? I knew this was an Italian restaurant but I did not think I would have to be fluent in reading Italian to order a meal. One glance at the menu made clear to me why the waiter said, "Let me know if you have any questions."

The food was very, very good. The in-house baked bread with olive oil dipping was noteworthy, hot and flavorful. My bread and tomato soup (gazpacho with cucumbers, mozzarella, and croutons) was cool and pleasant for a summer evening. I also appreciated the perfect seasoning of my sliced steak, it required neither salt nor pepper (which were not on the table, incidentally). The dessert menu didn't have anything on it that appealed to me (no cannolis or tiramisu) but my companions were quite happy with their choices. My coffee was rich, hot, and delicious.

There is a spacious outdoor dining area for pleasant weather and I'm not sure that would not have been a better choice for us since the noise level inside the restaurant was high. There's a concrete floor and a corrugated tin ceiling (it appeared) so there's no sound absorption whatsoever. The tables are widely spaced, however, and the service was attentive without coming remotely close to intrusive, just right.

All in all, I'm very glad I went and I expect to go back again...perhaps after I learn more menu Italian.

• Visited July 2013
MMangia, Owner at Molinari's, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
coopersburg pa
“Authentic Italian Food Served By a Fine Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Molinari's is our go to restaurant for date night. The prices are a bit higher, but understandable as you are served fresh, local, foods of high quality. We do not drink, but observed an extensive wine and drink menu. Since we have visited this restaurant on numerous occasions, we have had opportunity to try several different dishes. My favorite salad is the arugula salad. Molinari's changes the accompanying ingredients depending on what fresh fruits and vegetables are in season. It never disappoints. The pasta dishes are offered in regular or half portions. I usually opt for a half portion which satisfies after having a salad and bread with dipping oil. We have also tried a few different pizzas; all have been delicious. The decor is contemporary, industrial; nice inviting bar. Serving staff is outstanding, knowledgable of the menu, attentive, but not intrusive. A must try when in South Bethlehem.

• Visited June 2013