“Still Great!”
Review of Molinari's

Molinari's
Reserve with OpenTable
Molinari's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 360 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Having enjoyed earlier meals at Molinari's, we dined here again last Saturday evening, and its still terrific. Three of us; one our college aged son with a hearty appetite. We began with appetizers, the Pizza Ipomea - great flavor and frankly could have just ordered the salted pizza crust! The other two had half (generous) orders of pasta - the orecchiette with sausage and broccoli rabe, and the braised veal, beef and pork pasta. For dinner, two of us had the pork chop, cooked perfectly and the other the sea bass also delicious. Everything was prepared perfectly and arrived hot to the table. Only shortcoming was being seated at table right next to the kitchen.

Oh, and they make a great Manhattan!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My book club met for dinner there recently, and I can't help wondering how the other lady whose book club met there ever managed to discuss anything! The noise level made it impossible for any type of group conversation - I could really only hear the people directly next to, or across the table from me! I realize that they are trying for an urban chic atmosphere, but the din was barely tolerable!

Luckily, the food is wonderful - portions were just right, and our server well informed and friendly. Next time, I will try to go on one of the traditionally quieter nights of the week, or sit outside...traffic noise might be preferable!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Thanks to a suggestion from our Inn, we were delighted walking the few blocks to Molinari's for dinner at 7. The restaurant was not crowded (it was a Tuesday evening) and Christine (?) was very knowledgeable about each item on the menu and its preparation. We're traveled in Italy and still needed a little help in ordering. Everything was wonderful, tasty and plentiful. My steak was cooked perfectly The olive oil for dipping was fragrant and the red wine a great choice. Only wish there was room for one of the tempting desserts! Wish we had a Molinari's in our home town.

1  Thank Charles R
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stopped by here after going to steel stacks for a concert. There are a couple of pizza places and sportsbars in the area, but not many good restaurants. We stopped by and while the menu was a little confusing the waitress was very accommodating and helped us out. We ordered a couple of pizza which were a neopolitan very thin crust pizza, with very fresh ingredients, and they were tasty. Price was on target. It is not super cheap but not overly expensive.
Overall happy with it, but clean up the menu just a bit.

MMangia, Owner at Molinari's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for your considerate review. The menu is constructed so as to provide the complete experience as if you were in Italy. It is our goal that once you enter our doors it is as if you traveled to Italy including the menu. We know that can be awkward but that is part of the fun of being there. However we do understand it can be somewhat intimidating. So we are making a few changes to the menu in the near future to make it more approachable. Thank you. Fran Molinari, owner

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant when it first opened and found it expensive and the menu lacking. I decided to visit again and had a very similar experience. I ordered a cheese plate, the bread served with this plate was too heavy and overpowered the flavor of the cheese. I ordered a steak. My steak came with potatoes and green beans - all stacked on one another. My steak was precut and my entree was presented to me in a form similar to that of a casserole dish. The food is very expensive, but it is not poor in quality. The drinks were good, and the servers friendly. This place isn't bad; I just don't see that it is worth 100+ dollars for a meal for two.

2  Thank S N
MMangia, Owner at Molinari's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your considerate review. Our menu changes constantly since it our goal to serve only the freshest available locally grown produce. In addition, as you pointed out, we would rather serve the highest quality fresh products available than serve substandard products and reduce our prices. But if you were to compare our prices to other similar restaurants in the area, you will see we are in the same range, but providing the freshest, highest quality, premise made food. Also, we do try to provide a wide range of items on the menu at different price points so guests can stay within their budget. Please give us another try with these things in mind. Fran Molinari, owner