“Real Italian in Bethlehem”
Review of Molinari's

Molinari's
Reserve with OpenTable
Molinari's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 366 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Forget your typical spaghetti house; dine at Molinari's for authentic Italian dishes made with local, fresh, seasonal ingredients. We have never, ever had bad service or a bad meal. The staff is extremely knowledgeable of every dish on the menu, attentive, never intrusive. I always get the arugula salad. The additions to the arugula salad vary by what is locally available and in season; always very good. Pizzas have unique toppings and a delicious, thin, crispy crust. Meals are available in full or half portions, which is a plus for the smaller appetite. If you prefer a quieter atmosphere, get there early. It gets very loud when the restaurant is filled; which is most of the time. Reservations on the weekend are a must. This is a New York style restaurant in the small city of Bethlehem. Top quality in every way. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Cindy K

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I can't believe this place has been here over two years and it was only our first time! What an awesome place. Very warm and friendly. The food was AMAZING!! We were a little put off to start, because we couldn't really understand any of the menu, but Lee was very helpful with describing everything. He also helped pick out an outstanding bottle of wine to go with BOTH of out meals (all Italian wines AND beers, very interesting). We had a drink at the bar first, and Jesse was very pleasant. I had the pork shanks and my husband had the short ribs. I can't remember/pronounce the wine, but it was perfect. Everything was perfect, even down to the initial greeting from Anna. She even made it over to the table a couple of times. Will be back!

Anna and Lee are the CUTEST restaurant couple! Congrats!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Having enjoyed earlier meals at Molinari's, we dined here again last Saturday evening, and its still terrific. Three of us; one our college aged son with a hearty appetite. We began with appetizers, the Pizza Ipomea - great flavor and frankly could have just ordered the salted pizza crust! The other two had half (generous) orders of pasta - the orecchiette with sausage and broccoli rabe, and the braised veal, beef and pork pasta. For dinner, two of us had the pork chop, cooked perfectly and the other the sea bass also delicious. Everything was prepared perfectly and arrived hot to the table. Only shortcoming was being seated at table right next to the kitchen.

Oh, and they make a great Manhattan!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My book club met for dinner there recently, and I can't help wondering how the other lady whose book club met there ever managed to discuss anything! The noise level made it impossible for any type of group conversation - I could really only hear the people directly next to, or across the table from me! I realize that they are trying for an urban chic atmosphere, but the din was barely tolerable!

Luckily, the food is wonderful - portions were just right, and our server well informed and friendly. Next time, I will try to go on one of the traditionally quieter nights of the week, or sit outside...traffic noise might be preferable!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Thanks to a suggestion from our Inn, we were delighted walking the few blocks to Molinari's for dinner at 7. The restaurant was not crowded (it was a Tuesday evening) and Christine (?) was very knowledgeable about each item on the menu and its preparation. We're traveled in Italy and still needed a little help in ordering. Everything was wonderful, tasty and plentiful. My steak was cooked perfectly The olive oil for dipping was fragrant and the red wine a great choice. Only wish there was room for one of the tempting desserts! Wish we had a Molinari's in our home town.

1  Thank Charles R