“Just okay”
Review of Christkindlmarkt

Christkindlmarkt
Ranked #9 of 44 things to do in Bethlehem
Reviewed 20 December 2012

If you are in the area, and looking for something to do - it's worth a trip for the Holiday ambiance, the crafts were interesting to see, bought a few local things. People were friendly, but, it was not the old Germanic kind of market that I'd hoped for.

2  Thank dlb620

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Sorry to say but this just wasn't worth the trip. We have been to the Christmas Markets in Europe and were hoping to just get that great market feeling much closer to home. This was so disappointing. Some high end crafts but nothing at all like the european markets. The food was disappointing as well..again nothing like the europe markets. Was so hoping to have a great experience and this fell very short. The highlight was walking on the main street and going into the Moravian Book Store...that was enjoyable.

3  Thank jojo
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Lots of Christmas stuff Lots of people Nice things not found in a big box store on a shelf. Worth checking out. The only thing not overly cool is moving out of Bethlehem now you cant walk up into town easily.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

My wife and I were in Bethlehem December 7th and thought that we'd look through the market. If you are in the area, and looking for something to do - it's worth a trip for the food court and the Holiday ambiance. Overall, the crafts were interesting to see, but were not things that I'd actually want. People were friendly, but, it was not the old Germanic kind of market that I'd hoped for.

1  Thank Phil1ip
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Probably the best part of the Christkindlmarkt was the food court, where we were entertained by a 3-piece group (string bass, guitar, and trombone) playing holiday music of various traditions. I found a couple of vendors whose work I hadn't seen elsewhere, but then I'm not a big craft-fair person. I think I expected more of a local flavor, more "genuine" Moravian stuff, and less "made in China" types of things. The German gift vendor others have mentioned made it worthwhile for my sister, but otherwise it was mostly not that great. Frankly we found it much more enjoyable, and lots cheaper, to go to the Center Moravian Church's little shop - the Star and Candle Shoppe - which may only be open during the Christmas season, but it had a lot of fun stuff.

1  Thank Oronian