“Such a great value with a dog!”

Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Such a great value with a dog!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We were traveling to the area for just a quick fun trip and didn't need anything for more than a night. It was really difficult to find a hotel in the area that we could bring our dog to. There are a lot of hotels in the area but NONE of them allow dogs and for such a cheap rate. When we saw there was only a 25 dollar a night fee, we thought we'd give it a try. We got there and the hotel and staff were; Friendly, very close to restaurants, clean, and the process was super quick!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had to evacuate my apartment due to a problem with a threatening neighbor. Staff was welcoming and kind, even though I arrived late at night as a walk-in. I stayed here upon first arriving in this area and was pleased with the comfort, location, convenience, and especially the courtesy and friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Cape Cod, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had to stay in this hotel because we had a small dog with us. What a shabby place!!! Bathroom floor was ripped and stained. Kitchen counter was stained. When I turned down the bed I found a long black hair. No shampoo, conditioner or hand cream.
There is no one at the desk after 11 at night.

We almost walked out when we arrived. Dingy and needs a complete makeover.
Will NEVER stay at an Extended Stay America Hotel again.

Room Tip: There are plenty of newer and nicer hotels in this area.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Roberta,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The condition of the flooring, kitchen countertop, and bedding you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am using your comments to work with our team to prevent future occurrances of this nature. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

We were able to get settled in with ease and quickness, based on a family situation. The Mgr. Kathi Koslosky and staff were very friendly in assisting all 12 of us and our needs. We enjoyed our stay and will be returning soon.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Stephanie, I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such positives things about your experience at our Extended Stay America Allentown location. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; We hope everything is well with your family situation. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

I travel for business and as a Road Warrior it's nice to find somewhere that you feel comfortable and welcomed. I get both at this hotel. I've read some negative reviews about this property regarding theft and noise. While I can't answer to the theft charges, I've never personally had any security issues, I think the noise referred to is because the hotel is both child and kid friendly. The "noise" reminds me of my first apartment, full of the sounds of life.

While I fully understand that this hotel might not be for everyone I have never had a bad stay here. The kitchenette allows me the flexibility to bring my own food and prepare meals that don't automatically come with a side of fries. The rooms are always comfortable and clean. I love the fact that the windows actually open! The television channel choices are good including two Showtime channels.

The staff have always gone out of their way to make my stay pleasant. The hotel is located right off Route 22 and near Route 78, making getting there quick and easy.

I have had business associates also stay at this hotel with excellent results. I will stay here again whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

I agree with the previous review that the pillows are too soft. Also, is it really that expensive to supply mini shampoos? The smoke detector in the middle of the ceiling with the flashing lights on it is annoying. The furniture is dated but I understand that renovations are supposed to occur soon. The people are friendly.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Toledokid
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the pillows were too soft. In response to your feedback, I am having new pillows purchased for the hotel. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at aln@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

I am staying in this hotel 2 - 3 days per week for the next 2 years for business (St. Luke's Hospital). Your people at the front desk especially Tae Yun and Nichole (not sure of last name) are very friendly, accomodating and excellent representitives of your company. The Mgr. Kat Koslosky set me up for the 2 years and I haven't regreted it at all.

I have stayed in over 20 rooms at this hotel.

I do have a couple of critiques however. The beds are too hard and the pillows are so weak that my head sinks down completely to the bed. I do see a couple of renovated rooms. When will the rest be renovated? The last thing is the cutains on the showers. These are very lightweight and blow into the shower so as to leave you no room to take a shower without fighting the curtain. All in all, your people make the experience and good one.

Room Tip: try to get the non- smoking renovated rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the pillows were too soft. In response to your feedback, I am having new pillows purchased for the hotel and we are looking forward to renovation in 2013. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at aln@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
#2 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem? Share your experiences!