Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Beware!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

My reservation for the weekend of 10/19-10/20 was cancelled as well. I received an email from the 3rd party booking website, through which I booked the hotel, on the Thursday before my stay to advise the hotel could no longer accommodate my reservation. I immediately called the hotel for verification and was told that my reservation got bumped due to long term guests needing to stay longer. As much as I appreciated the honesty from the person on the phone I could not believe this occurred.

Perhaps this hotel is ideal for out of town corporate visitors needing the amenities the hotel rooms feature, however I would be very hesitant booking a room there again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jacks1930

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We received a call 5 days prior to our check-in date saying that our reservation was being cancelled because the people in the room we were slated to get wanted to stay longer. This left us scrambling to find a place to stay and we ended up about 10 miles away as there was a large event in town and all local hotels were booked. Will never book at an extended stay again as I don't feel I can trust that I will have a place to stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is one of the worst hotels ive ever stayed at. Despite booking non smoking rooms two months in advance we were stuck in rooms that wreacked of cigarettes. I had two kids with me and i was told they could not do anything about it. All other hotels were booked solid because of the marathon event we were attending. Probably bettet off pitching a tent in the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank leeann78
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The only nice and friendly staff is the young blonde girl Emily. Everyone else doesn't really care that you are there. Maid service was disgusting. After complaining for a couple of weeks. Because we only got cleaning done once. The maid then tried getting into our room somewhere around 7:30 am basically trying to break in. We had the deadbolt on so you can hear her trying to get in! Every night we had to ask for clean towels, toliet paper, and trash bags. We basically bought windex and paper towels and did cleaning ourselves. Other hotel guest are a problem as well. Banging constantly. Even had a room call at 3am from the room next to us. Kitchen utensils all of 6 things that they supply are completely disgusting.

I would never stay here again. Dirty dirty dirty. Please be aware if you are planning on staying here. Spend the extra money do you are SAFE!!

• Stayed September 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This room was just dirty. Nothing else can describe it.
The ceiling fan had never been stopped and cleaned. The place to hang your clothes (not closet, just a rack) was so filthy that I could not take a washcloth and wipe it off. I literally had to scrape the crud off. The room was so dampy and musty, the window had collected moisture on the inside.
The ONLY plus was the friendliness of the girl working at the front desk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2013

They wanted me to pay an extra $10.00 if I wanted my room cleaned. They wanted me get rid of the trash and change my own linen. The cable and WIFI did not work correctly. The room was dirty when I went in to it. The front desk was clueless. I called about the WIFI and they gave me the wrong number to call. The cable channels were incorrect, called front desk about that and they had no clue of what to do. The noise was really bad all the way around. I stayed here some years back and loved it, it has gotten really bad, don't go there !!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The "manager" named "Rich" was the only one on duty. He discriminated against us because we booked on a discount website. He would not give us a room with 2 beds because he said "this is what you get when you book with a 3rd party". He said the rooms were sold out. The website clearly had rooms available. We called to check availability and of course "Rich" answered the phone and stated the rooms were available. When asked why he did not give them to us he said "woops just booked them as we speak". Website continued to show availability throughout the night. He wanted to prove a point that we should be penalized by booking through a discount website. They treated us as if we were trying to steal from them. Be smart and do not give these people your money. When we walked out we were also cursed out in arabic. I could not believe the way we were treated. I also cannot believe that a hotel would be left in the hands of 1 totally unstable individual. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!

Room Tip: Stay Away!