“I don't get it”
Review of Fratzola's Pizzeria Cafe - CLOSED

Fratzola's Pizzeria Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Fratzola's brings Old Forge / Scranton Pizza to Lehigh Valley and was selected #1 in Lehigh Valley for BEST PIZZA from discoverlehighvalley,com .We are a family runned resturant with a taste of our families homemade italian cooking. Dont forget we are B.Y.O.B!! Hope to see you soon..
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I ate here the other night and we weren't impressed. The Old Forge style pan pizza just did not appeal to us. I don't get what the rage is about. We also had the waffle fries which basically just taste like fries from Arby's...ick.

3  Thank diserofadream

Reviewed 17 February 2013

SueNotta and Jodi are both right. Fratzola's has introduced "Old Forge style" pizza to the Lehigh Valley, a square pizza with a thick crust, mild sauce, and a mild/white/creamy cheese. Apparently they love this stuff up in Old Forge, PA, near Scranton. If you're not used to it, I guess it's an acquired taste (that I haven't acquired, honestly). Fratzola's crust is pretty thick and fairly heavy, to me it's just like your average Sicilian crust (I think "real" Old Forge style is supposed to be a lighter, fluffier crust, not quite so thick). The sauce was very good, and I guess the cheese was authentic Old Forge style -- it sticks to the roof of your mouth, which is how it's supposed to be, I'm told. Anyhow, if you like this type of pizza, it's the only place in LV that has it. I haven't tried their regular round pizza yet (supposedly a traditional style pizza), or their entrees, but the small dining room was full when I was there and the food certainly looked and smelled very good. Nice little dining room, nicer ambiance than most little pizza/Italian food places, very nice lighting and decor and quieter than your average pizza joint. The employees all seemed very nice, too. I'd certainly go back for a dinner sometime, or maybe their regular pizza, although I have several good pizza shops closer to my house. Anyhow, the Old Forge pizza was an interesting change of pace.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Great pizza made by a very nice family run business. I sat and had a very enjoyable conversation with them while waiting for my pie. Both times I have eaten here I got the square pan pizza. Now, if you are like me and do not like American cheese, you must ASK for mozzarella. Their "Old Forge" style pizza comes with American cheese on it. Many people love that recipe so I suggest you give it a try, but me, I don't like American cheese on anything so, I just ask for mozzarella, and its perfect. Not too greasy, delicious crust (the kind you like to eat the ends, sorry dogs!) slightly sweet, tangy sauce, and the right amount of cheese. Please give this new local place a try, I'd love to see them succeed here in the Valley.

2  Thank Suenotto
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

Fratzola's pizza looks like Scranton/Wilkes Barre pizza, but that's where the similarity ends. My boyfriend and I were so excited to try their pizza, but it didn't meet our expectations. I guess we'll have to continue our hour+ drive to get the real stuff! If you've never had this style of pizza, give it a try...you may like it. BUT, if you're already familiar with this style of pizza, just skip this place or you'll be disappointed.