“Great steak, prepared perfectly!”

Emeril's Chop House
Ranked #25 of 354 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Third Street
Description: Tempt your palate with distinctive culinary creations at Emeril's premier restaurant on the East Coast.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Don't have a reservation? No problem. Plenty of seats at the bar. Great atmosphere, efficient service and great steaks. Looking forward to our return!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Spent the weekend at the Sands with the wife. We had Saturday night reservations.

Seated on time, drinks were tasty. The bacon and local cheddar were excellent to start. Andouille, fried boudin and goat cheese were also good.

I got the porterhouse, it was prepared as requested, and quite tasty. My wife had the cowboy ribeye oscar, she enjoyed some there, and we took the rest home. The creamed spinach was good.

Dessert brought banana cream pie. A pleasant dessert, good coffee and espresso.

We won't be making a special trip to the Sands to eat there, but we'll head back to the Chop house when we do return to the casino.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We recently had dinner at Emeril's, prior to attending an event at the Sands Casino in Bethlehem, PA. I had requested a table near the wine wall and our reservation was for 6 PM. We arrived early for our reservation and explained that we had tickets for an 8 PM event, and no need to rush our courses. Twice, during our meal, the manager, I assume, wedged himself behind my chair, and proceeded to unlock a door in the "wine wall" and begin to search for requested bottles of wine. Really? The second time, I had to get up from my seat, and stand while he searched for a bottle that he could not locate. No apology from him, no effort to acknowledge the inconvenience. I was definitely in his way. One of our servers, noticing that I'm standing, announced that she should have set up the table further out from the wine wall. The restaurant has been opened over two years. Surely by now, they know where to place their tables. I ordered the Scallops and the dish was salty. My husband chose excellent wine selections. I don't eat red meat, had looked up the menu on-line for the seafood entrees. We tried the restaurant, so my husband could order a steak. My husband said his filet was good. We have been to several other Emeril locations, over the years. The restaurant opens out to the casino, and a bank of "one-arm bandits" are near the restaurant entrance, which is an "open" wall. If you enjoy "sirens" that sound like a plane, upon take-off, and continuous "dinging", I found the place for you! We enjoyed our evening, but will find another restaurant off-site, next time we attend an event at The Sands. We want to support the Behlehem community. Much too expensive a restaurant, for the level of service and food we received. Come on Emeril's, you can do better!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Ate here on March 27, 2014 with a friend. We were seated promptly, even though we were 15 minutes early for our reservation. Our server was Brittany W. We got off to a bumpy start when my friend, who was not feeling well, ordered a soda as Brittany was handing us our menus. I, unfortunately, was not even asked what I wanted to drink. Brittany came back with the soda and two waters and said she'd give us time to look at the menu. The first opportunity I had to place my drink order was when she returned to take our food order.

Food was good. My friend ate lightly due to not feeling well; she concentrated mainly on the bread basket, which our second server (did not get his name) tried to remove from the table at least twice, despite being told she wasn't feeling well and despite the obvious fact that she still had a piece of bread in her hand!

Throughout the meal, he returned repeatedly to clear items from our table. Even items we were still using, like our utensils. It felt like they were rushing us out of there, but when I looked around, the restaurant was only about 30% full so it wasn't like they needed our table.

Brittany never came back to ask us if we wanted dessert. I had to flag her down to ask for coffee and her reply was, as she walked past our table, "did you want dessert with that?".

Emeril would not have been happy with the service provided at this location. I would have to think long and hard about returning.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Overall food was good but pricey. There are some other options a cab ride away that offer better value.