“A great place for a weekend getaway!”

Sands Bethlehem Event Center
Yardley, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“A great place for a weekend getaway!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This weekend was the second time that we enjoyed this venue. Both times we stayed at the Sands because it was very convenient with many good food options, free drinks on the casino floor and an awesome room. The Event Center is small enough so every seat is a good one. We got an on-line deal to see George Lopez for $110.00 which included two great seats in a suite area on the side (second level), unlimited beer and wine (good selections) and snacks which included a variety of fresh wraps, fried dumplings and chips and salsa. The venue has a state of the art sound system, easy access to all locations and is complimented by very friendly and professional staff and free parking. Topped with dinner at one of Emeril's restaurants and plenty of outlet shopping in the Sands, the decision to come here to see a show is always an easy one.

new jersey
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Dunham proud”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Jeff Dunham had a great exchange with the audience in his hilarious show. I would go see him and his family of puppet personalities again. My wife purchased the suite seating for my birthday which are in the balcony and had a great view. Three screens help those further back. The suite deal included wrap sandwiches, nacho chips, a pretzel arrangement and possibly more that I didn't see. We're glad we had dinner beforehand. Also unlimited beer, wine, water, and soft drinks.
Dunham proudly picked on Bethlehem, the run down steel mill and the Phillies which the locals loved!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“poor long distant views, what did you say I can't hear?”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were all excited to see Jeff Dunham, some in our group had seem him before but first time for some. We were sooooooooooooo disappointed in our seating. We ended up on the floor left rear . There is no evaluation to the floor so as soon as a taller people sat down,the show was over to be able to see Jeff in the far distance. Their big screens were to small to read for some of his jokes. And then there was the sound. When Jeff used some of his softer voices we couldn't hear and then next thing you heard all around is what did he say so we missed the next joke. We won't be back to this venue unless we could get front row seats or sit on the sides were the angled seats and elation probably had a better sight lines. Jeff show also was shorter then we have seen before and too much about selling in little Jeff doll but over all he was entertaining and my Aunt who never saw him live had fun dispite the poor seating.

1 Thank Cookincath
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Comedy show (Jeff Dunham) at the Sands”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I never attended a comedy show in person, so I experienced it for the first time seeing Jeff Dunham at the Sands in Bethlehem PA. Since this is a review of the Sands, and not Jeff, I'll focus on the venue. The seating is great to watch an entertainer. It is not large, so you get to really experience what is going on. The center seats are folding chairs, but not with hard seats. so it's not as bad as you would think. Typical food/drinks are served - at (usual) high prices ($3 for a bottle of water). A bar is there that sells "adult-style" refreshments. Free parking is available. I'd suggest you arrive early to be guaranteed a parking spot - the event center shares the parking lots with the Sands Hotel. For me, this is a better option to drive to instead of going downtown Philly (yes, I know, the city provides more entertainment). I will be checking the Sands website to see what other shows I might want to attend in the future. Oh by the way - the Jeff Dunham show was awesome!

Rahway, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“It's an event center...”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

There is a definite difference between an event center and a performing arts center/theater. This venue is truly a multi-purpose event center, so if you are going to see an artist perform, expect to be seated in rows of fold-out chairs. We were seated in the right orchestra section and could see the stage just fine. Sound/acoustics seemed a bit too loud for this particular show, but I imagine that it depends on the type of event you are attending.

1 Thank MrsP2