“Trust me, try The Tipping Point Martini”
Review of Twisted Olive

Reserve with OpenTable
Twisted Olive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 354 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Twisted Olive’s name is a spin-off of a restaurant in Baltimore, “Black Olive,” which happens to be the owner’s, Steve and Sherri Kershner, favorite restaurant. Steve and Sherri wanted the name of their restaurant to convey a fun, approachable, and unpretentious image to the public. The style of cuisine at Twisted Olive could be classified as casual-bistro style cuisine with a world twist. Chef Steve decided to go that route with his menu so as to not limit himself or the restaurant. Chef Steve’s comments on his menu, “On any given night, you might find Italian, Spanish, Moroccan or Thai dishes. Our ideas will stay fresh, so people will keep coming back. I will also use the freshest ingredients from my garden at home.” Twisted Olive features a full bar and cocktail lounge. We have seasonal drink specials along with house infused spirits and syrups as well as craft beers on draught and in bottle. We have a beautiful outdoor deck for “al fresco” dining, just steps away from the hustle and bustle of Broad street.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My sister and I stopped by for a martini last evening. Joseph was our waiter and by the end of the evening, he was like our brother.

Our first martinis were exceptional, and upon finishing them and contemplating having one more, Joseph suggested we try The Tipping Point. Wow - it is unlike anything I've ever had before. The flavors - sweet and salty - are truly heavenly and expertly mixed and created.

Twisted O, Owner at Twisted Olive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for coming by and trying our martinis. We are proud to serve uniquely fresh cocktails to stir the senses. It is our mission to have people try something completely new. Your compliments are appreciated and we look forward to pouring more cocktails for you to enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Twisted Olive

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Went with a group of six. Joseph was our server. His suggestions were spot on. The group at a pork dish, tuna dish, seafood, and pasta. Each was a unique dish with various approp. sides. Not the " usual" house veggy. The soup was perfect. The blueberry and goat cheese pie was out of this world! Thank you Joseph for a great evening.

1  Thank TravelingDrZ
Twisted O, Owner at Twisted Olive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your opinion. Joseph has been a great addition to our staff, I will let him know to keep up the good work. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had our meal during Bethlehem's annual restaurant week- 3 courses for $15 lunch. They ( Chef Steve) specialize in fish dishes and soups but everything is made on premises. I had the pastrami (smoked in-house) on really fresh rye, and a tasty salad. Hand-made cherry-vanilla gelato was an incredible finish. We will definitely return! The Twisted Olive renovated the space and it is decorated in contemporary, yet classic style. (The old Starfish was in this space). While busy and crowded, sound seems to be well managed. The staff and servers are knowledgable, friendly and very competent.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Went for restaurant week during lunch, the starters and dessert were great, however the main course left me feeling disappointed. I had the crab soup which was very good, however my Cuban sandwich was dry and tasteless. My daughter had the fish tacos and she felt the same way. They were impossible to eat since the consistency of the corn tortilla was off . I visited here for dinner when they first opened and thought it was good. However now I know why the place is empty. The chef needs to taste his creations before serving. I don't think we will return.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I visited the Twisted Olive for Restaurant Week Summer 2014, and we will not be returning. When we arrived, there were three tables seated and an abundant staff. However, it was at least ten to fifteen minutes before anyone arrived to take our drink order. We cycled through three different waitresses before settling on one who would serve most of our meal. Throughout the meal, the wait time continued to be far too long. Other tables nearby us had the same negative experience with the service—one table of women got up and left after waiting for quite some time without any service, and another had to find the manager to tell her they needed a waitress. Overall, the wait staff and management seemed disorganized, stressed, and unknowledgeable—hardly the atmosphere a restaurant should create for its customers.

The drinks and food were also sub-par and not worth the restaurant week price of $35 for dinner. You can easily go elsewhere and have infinitely better food and service for the same price.

When we addressed the negative experience with the service and quality of food v. price with the manager, we were told there was nothing she could do.

Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time here—you will be disappointed. Check out the other fabulous restaurants in the area.

1  Thank Bridget719
Twisted O, Owner at Twisted Olive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

We apologize you did not recieve the service we strive to provide. This is not the image we want to portray to our customers. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We appreciate any and all feedback. Our goal is to constantly improve our establishment. We would like to invite you to discuss this further, please email us at twistedolivebethlehem@yahoo.com or call us at 610-419-1200, please ask for Chef Steve Kershner.

- Again we extend our deepest apologizes for any dissapointments,