“A good start for the Celtic Classic Festival”

Bethlehem Brew Works
Ranked #4 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established on April 15, 1998 by the Fegley Family, the Bethlehem Brew Works successfully captured the essence of Bethlehem’s steel industry in a 250 seat brewpub. Accompanying the handcrafted beers brewed right in the restaurant is a full bar specializing in single malt scotches, small batch bourbons, and specialty martinis.
New Jersey, USA
“A good start for the Celtic Classic Festival”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The food is pub grub with a local twist. They brew on site and offer some interesting brews that change for the season (and event). The service was good. You get the feeling that it is place that the 'locals' enjoy some time.

Visited September 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bethlehem Brew Works Excellent Service”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I went to the Bethlehem Brew Works late on a Saturday afternoon. I have been here several times in the past and I was not looking forward to going again. I must admit the service was really, really good. Because of past experiences at this place, I was amazed. Actually, I am guessing the waitress was either new or it was a mistake because she was too nice and efficient. Everything else was on the downside. The place was filthy. There were dirty glasses everywhere, our table was sticky, there were several dirty booths and I watched an employee clean the table next to us and he literally brushed the crumbs off of the table onto the floor and did not sweep up. The meal portions were large but my burger was overcooked. The place is large, busy and usually noisy, which is OK with us. It is in a good location and lots of parking is nearby.

• Visited July 2013
Virginia Beach, VA
“Really good”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Just finished a Friday night vacation dinner at BBW. Really good food, perfectly blended margarita, and fine microbrew. You can take a short, informative self-tour of their on-site brewery. A downtown location in the historic district. Impressive decor. Exceptionally attentive, friendly, and informative waitress. We were greeted by two similarly friendly wait staff when we arrived even though the place was busy.

The food: my fish tacos were amazing. Crunchy, a little sweet with mango sauce drizzle, onion, corn and other interesting things. My husband's Philly cheesesteak was the real star though. I wish I had ordered what he did because it was so decadently beefy.

One thing I liked in particular was the comprehensive menu. There's something for everyone in your party: exotic salads, steaks, burgers, soups, pasta, and several trendy items. Yet they also have mainstays like meatloaf. Long wine/beer list.

What we didn't like: a little noisy, but we are over 50, older than most at this very popular eatery, so you know how that goes. Husband's cole slaw was fresh but bland. Regardless, our main entrees were both so wonderfully made that we know that if we returned and tried other menu items we would surely be rewarded.

I highly recommend this restaurant. Overall the food and service are very good, it's a happening place, and the upscale decor is very pleasant on the eyes.

• Visited September 2013
Lewes, DE
“Great local brews”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Love the atmosphere of the restaurant and how it relates to the history of Bethlehem. Loved the Italian Red Quinoa balls and especially the beer!

• Visited September 2013
Northwest, NJ
“Yummy and Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Bethlehem Brew Works has a great pub atmosphere and very good food. Their beer is great too. I recommend getting a sampler flight. They have healthy choices on the menu, dinner like entrees and of course the casual pub fare. All is very good. The bar is large and it's a fun place to gather with friends. Bethlehem is a great town to walk around so allow time to get out there and check it out!

Visited August 2013