“Shrinking Portions”

Ranked #4 of 358 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established on April 15, 1998 by the Fegley Family, the Bethlehem Brew Works successfully captured the essence of Bethlehem’s steel industry in a 250 seat brewpub. Accompanying the handcrafted beers brewed right in the restaurant is a full bar specializing in single malt scotches, small batch bourbons, and specialty martinis.
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Ever since I moved to this neighborhood from NYC , Brew Works has been our spot. Love the atmosphere, the food and the service... Mike from the bar especially! But in the recent months I have noticed that the portions are getting smaller, the calamari salad is one of my favorites and it's getting greener and greener, I love the macaroni and I used to eat until explode and still had left over to take home... About a week ago it was saaaad I could fit the portion in one hand! And my husband's burger? Could have gotten a better one at McDonalds!
So, please BW... Go Back to your old self!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

imagine my surprise when my sweetie said we are going on a romantic weekend to bethlehem pa for my ahem yea right i am that old birthday. check my review of the hotel bethlehem for the rest of the story. we have checked brew pubs all over the country and the bethlehem brew works is one of the better ones that we have found. as of this review it is now in my top ten. here is the reason why. the food! that is correct the food. had a grain feed beef burger which was absolutely fantastic. cooked to order! this was one of the best burgers i have ever had...and when you are as old as i am, you have had a few burgers. the citrus calamari appetizer is very very good. fresh squid stir fried with lemons, oranges & pineapple plus red & banana peppers. wow! desert was incredible. had the chocolate cheese cake. man it was gooooooddd!

the beer was pretty darn good also. the fegleys amber is excellent and i recommend it highly. like i said i have had plenty of burgers in my life, lets just say that i have had a few brew also. this is a sweet amber that i would be pleased to serve to my buddies back home.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

As a "Brewery", I can't offer any comments, as I was there on a business lunch. However, the food was awesome, the menu selection was equally so, and the ambiance made me feel like I should return in evening hours, after work was done. Great place!!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Mom's birthday (my parents are socially awkward so...). Beer was good, food was good, service was good.It was a busy night (Black Friday) and we still had great service.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We've visited many times and have never been disappointed in either the food, service or the craft brewed beer. The bar can be noisy ( but what good bar isn't ) but there is a separate dining room that's very nice for a quiet dinner. The menu is fairly extensive for a bar and runs from standard sandwiches to a wide variety of salads and entrée's. If you are undecided we'd recommend the Apple butter chicken or the slag pot meatloaf - both are excellent

Craft brew beers range from standard fair to some seasonal brews. My suggestion - start with the six beer sampler to decide which suits your personal taste.