“Wonderful shop, but not where I go for books”
Review of Moravian Book Shop

Moravian Book Shop
Ranked #2 of 16 Shopping in Bethlehem
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's oldest book store.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Wonderful shop, but not where I go for books”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family goes to Bethlehem at least twice a year, and we always stop in at the Moravian Book Shop. The shop is quite large, stretching along 3 or 4 storefronts, and has a very varied selection. The first (farthest uphill) seems to be holiday and Bethlehem tourism related stores. Lots of beautiful ornaments and glass stars. The next is the book section, which has a large childrens' selection, but seems a bit lacking otherwise. Lastly is a jewelry/decor section.
Again, the Moravian book shop is a really nice place to go, especially for ornaments, (I love the Moravian stars!) but I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking specifically for books.

Visited December 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Really cute shop with lots of interesting things.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

- This is classified as a restaurant, and there is a café, but we did not eat here, nor do you have to by any means, it is several shops all together, and a café as well.
We happen to park right next to the entrance, or we probably would have never gone in, but a bird house in the window caught my eye and I began to notice all of the unique things inside. We roamed around the store and there are really unique things here, not just the run-of-the-mill stuff, and a huge assortment. Just to name a few things: watches, stone wine taps, candles, cuff links made of out MLB uniforms and Fenway Park seats, pens made of wood from Shibe Park, pictures, wine accessories, unique place mats, etc... What I really appreciated is that there is something here for every one to enjoy, even a "men's section."
The store is also connected to several adjoining window friends and becomes a book store and music store, deli, and a few others things, but we stayed in the main eclectic shop area.
Neat place to check out if you are already in the area.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun place to visit, has a bit of everything”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Guests from out of town love the bookstore and we have a great time showing it to them. There is so much to look at. I love that it has the feel of an "old" store and is not slick like a department store. It's sort of rambling and around the corner is always another surprise. There are so many good smells too...from coffee to candles. it's a place that's hard to describe. A must-see if you visit or live in Bethlehem.

Portland, Oregon
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Love It!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I loved it! It was so much fun. There is a little bit of everything in there. I loved all of the Christmas ornaments. I would of spent hours in there if I could of.

Visited June 2014
Unionville, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Quite the selection”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Find things Moravian, eclectic and more. I love the Christmas decorations and the souvenir stuff. Browse through the bookstore for local authors, topics and more. Home garden and even chocolate for that sweet tooth. I love wondering through and have even eaten there on occasion. A great place to shop when in Bethlehem.

Visited June 2014