“Great Staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 15 May 2014

They hotel staff and accommodations were great! I would highly recommend this hotel. There were a few unruly guest at the hotel that were causing some trouble but the staff handle it quickly. Our suite was spacious and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
chrishickey, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Bethlehem. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great price, great room. Had issues using the temp control for a bit but finally figured it out. Sat breakfast was not great. Too many carbs. Waffles, hashbrowns, fr. toast and then sausage. No scrambled or fried eggs. There were 17 people in the breakfast area and not 1 person grabbed a hardboiled egg. Not very appetizing as far as eggs. I actually have eggs for breakfast every morn. A must or I have no energy. So, I had to be creative. Grabbed 2 HB eggs, 2 pkgs of mayo, 1 pkg mustard and toasted bread. Then went back to room and made egg salad. No restaurants in area to deliver or takeout of eggs. I was really looking forward to a nice hot breakfast full of protein. Yes, some carbs are fine but protein is what our bodies live on, not carbs. This was on the Sat we stayed. Sun comes and down for breakfast and YESSSSS, sausage patties, scrambled eggs. Still had the waffles and also pancakes. And those HB eggs. I think if they get rid of the HB eggs and always have scrambled or fried eggs that would be smart. I know they are trying to mix it up and give people lots of choices, however I heard 5 of those 17 people in the kitchen area saying, where are the scrambled eggs? Then as I was leaving a tall man asked me if I saw where the scrambled eggs were. I just said there are none. He was like what???? He opened the 2 buffet warmers and shook his head. I just said yes, I know, look at all those carbs. He looked kind of like a body builder cuz he was really muscular. Carbs are fine for quick energy but all they do is turn to sugar in your body and then you crash. You get an energy boost from carbs for maybe 20 minutes. Protein is what gets your body really energized so I am hoping the hotel see's this review and makes sure they have a meat and eggs that are not HB every morn. Seriously, do away with those HB eggs. SISCO overcooks them horribly or where ever you get them food serviced delivery from. I know this is a hotel breakfast and I would not even say a word if there was a darn restaurant nearby that I could get breakfast. My husband was not happy either. So, it is back to the Sands because I can walk downstairs and get anything I want. I don't mind paying for a good breakfast. Most important meal of the day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
chrishickey, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Tina, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Homewood Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your suite. Please allow me to apologize for the breakfast selection that occurred during the weekend you stayed with us. We did have a issue with the order we received for the weekend and always serve some form of scrambled eggs. We will make sure moving forward that we are fully stocked so we do not run into this situation again. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will try us again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were wonderfully surprised by the room we had. It was clean, comfortable, and quite. Amenities were will stocked and we were able to munch on popcorn while watching TV. Staff was amazing and very helpful. We didn't know about the free shuttle and that made out outing even more fun.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us at the Homewood Suites Bethlehem. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we able to go out and enjoy yourselves using our complementary shuttle service. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you don't like a typical hotel this is a perfect compromise as you can cook and have large rooms with sofas and areas for friends and family to visit. The location is close to the airport and at the same time close to many nice restaurants and interesting places in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
chrishickey, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Jason,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience about your stay with us at the Homewood Suites Bethlehem. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed for 1 night for a quick family trip. The suite was large and clean. The kitchen area was spotless as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was your typical free hotel choices. Because we were there on a Friday, there was no night reception. The pool area was clean with plenty of seating and towels. The woman working the front desk was very friendly. She made my six year old niece feel special and grown up. We were quite pleased with our stay. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Bethlehem before and liked this hotel better. Great first impression dealing with Homewood Suites for the first time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
chrishickey, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve our operations. We are glad you and your family got to enjoy some time in the pool and also enjoyed our breakfast. We look forward to you visiting with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

First impressions were great! The ladies at the desk were very friendly and sweet. I am so bad about remembering names – but Monique was the manager during our check-in, and unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the girl who actually checked us in (and out)! But, she was very welcoming and helpful.

Our room was on the other side of the world it seemed! We were on the 3rd floor on the very end...I think the hotel is shaped like a U...and I think we walked all 3 sections just to get to our room. By the end of the our stay, I was pooped from all the walking!

Our room was clean and neat...and I loved it!

I did not see a DVD player in either room, which I thought was mentioned online, so the next time I was near the reception desk, I asked friendly check-in girl about it. She was super helpful and said they kept them behind the desk, you needed only to ask! She also mentioned that they had movies we could borrow as well. We didn't borrow any, as we had brought some of our favorites along, but she handed over 2 DVD players for us to use.

One of them did not play upon testing, and friendly check-in girl quickly gave us a different one, which worked great.

The towel racks in the pool area were always full of clean, dry towels (we never had to ask for any, even when there were several other guests there) and the room (chairs and tables) were always neatly arranged. On one of our pool visits, a hotel worker came in to empty the garbage and restock the towels. He was very friendly, smiling and saying hello to us, making a little small talk about the pool. As he left, he smiled and wished us a great day.

The kids had to use the pull-out sofa bed, and it took me a few minutes to find the bedding: in the closet. The only thing missing were pillowcases, and a quick trip to the desk while husband grabbed a cup of coffee sent housekeeping to our door within minutes!

The king sized bed was also comfortable – not home, of course, but the mattress was just right and the down comforter made us feel right at home! The bedroom also had a ceiling fan! We have one at home and like to have it on almost year round! We found this to be a nice, home-like touch for us, as I don't think I've ever seen a ceiling fan in a hotel (at least not one I've ever been in)!

Every member of housekeeping that we passed on our many long treks to and from our room were always smiling and greeting us.

Breakfast was great! There were plenty of options to satisfy our whole family, both cold and hot! We didn't go away hungry! We wished we stayed during the week to sample their free dinner, too! (If you stay here and like barbecue, walk over for lunch or supper to Dickey's Barbecue in front of the hotel! Very yummy pulled pork and beef brisket! And free ice cream! That was a fun find)!!

Homewood Suites in Bethlehem was better than I expected! Friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast! We didn't want to leave!! We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
chrishickey, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate the feedback and I will be sure to pass it on to Monique, front desk staff and housekeeping department. We are glad you were able to enjoy some time in the pool while you were here and also got to enjoy our breakfast in the morning. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to you next visit.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed in a King Studio and got use of the bed and the sofa bed. Lots of room to sit. The heat of the summer was gone with the great AC. Front desk called soon after we had settled to make sure we were satisfied with the room. We were right next to the coin laundry room. No issues with noise but as everyone has said, the layout was the biggest negative and we logged about an extra mile walking around the property to get to the lobby for breakfast and back to the room.

Place was very busy and the hotel parking lot was packed solid. Although near the airport, I did not notice airplane noise. Location is great with fast food and coffee shop steps from your room and a gas station in walking distance. Two exits over you'll find a big box store heaven and downtown Allentown and Bethlehem close by on the other side.

Really a great place when you need a place to stay near the airport or for an event in ABE area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites Bethlehem. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your feedback with our team. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we can't wait to see you again in the future.