Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I've stayed here a few times and the property is clean, quiet and pleasant. I don't usually stay at the Holiday Inn chain, but this hotel is fine and I will stay there again in a few weeks.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JJVA_12

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I actually don't mind staying at this chain. This hotel is pretty much the same as previous stays at other locations. I like the rooms and find them clean and and having good internet access, which is important when traveling for work. I do find that the breakfast although convenient is OK. The pool was outside so no chance to use it during the spring/winter/fall...

The one thing that I did not like this time was the key lock/handle kept jamming. I had to go down to the front desk after bringing my suitcase up to the third floor only to find that the door just would not open. The key was obviously programmed correctly but the actual door was stuck. I had to go back down to the front desk where they scrambled for someone to help me out. After someone who seemed to have some knowledge in this area came forward and said he could come up and check it out, we went back up. During the travel back up I was told this happens to the doors sometimes and they actually wait and fix a bunch of them at a time instead of doing hem individually as thy come up. I was surprised to see that the door handle required a special movement to open and it was then opened. So, hoping it was somehow a one time deal I said thank you and went to rest .. Long morning of traveling and just wanted to relax an hour. However, this was the norm for the door. Every single time I went back tomyroomihad to fight to get my door opened... And frankly as a woman in a hotel hallway atanight trying to get in my room... I found this annoying. I am planning on evaluating my options for my next business trio back as this was just a pain.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank PollariVacationers
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear PollariVacationers,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry the door for your room was not working correctly. We will address your concerns with the management and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way to New England. It was nice, clean and quiet. The staff was helpful and check in and check out was was quick. The breakfast area was clean, there was plenty of seating, and the selection of food was adequate. Internet access was easy with reasonable speed. When in the area, we would definitely come here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Redfish43
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stopped here on our way from GA to NYC. The location is great only about 2 hours from NYC. The price was good and the hotel was very clean. The breakfast buffet in the morning was nice. We only had one complaint, for some reason the front desk staff decided to call one of our 3 rooms late at night and ask who was in the room multiple times. I have contacted the manager and he has assured me that won't happen again. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank dolores193
Reviewed 5 January 2012

An excellent choice as the hotel is still very new (reads: clean) and competes with Homewood Suites across the road and the old 4-Points Sheraton around the corner. Decent breakfast included with the pancake making machine (all you do is press 1 button). Nice warm fireplace in the lobby/breakfast area. Front Desk was friendly too (with cookies).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank StanC007
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We were out in the area completing our dive certification at Dutch Springs a few miles away. Made my reservation directly with the hotel and they were very accommodating. Check in was easy. They made sure we had the wifi password and told us about the breakfast in the morning. Rooms were clean and nice. Free breakfast was a great start to the day. I would reccomend this hotel. Natasha at the front desk had a great personality and truly wanted you to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank jerseyaruba
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I booked this hotel by reading trip advisors reviews. I was traveling alone so I was glad to see the reviews were right on.Hotel is in Corporate area so its not so noisey on the weekend. Room was clean and nice bedding. A big desk for your computer and a chair and ottman to relax and watch tv. A hot and cold breakfast was offered each day and was quite good, especialy the cinnamon rolls.When I go back to see the grandkids I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Airport shuttle and starbucks across the street.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Winstoncleojax
Travellers also viewed these Bethlehem hotels
6 mi away
Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Suites University
Comfort Suites University
#13 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area

Address: 3375 High Point Blvd, Bethlehem, PA 18017-7806 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lehigh Valley Airport)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Bethlehem
#7 Family Hotel in Bethlehem
#9 Business Hotel in Bethlehem
Price Range: £78 - £122 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area 2.5*
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area is minutes from Lehigh Valley International Airport(ABE). This award winning hotel features an outdoor pool. All guests enjoy the complimentary Express Starts Breakfast with Hot Entrees, Signature Cinnamon Rolls, Continental Favorites and Made to Order Pancakes. P.J. Whelihan's Restaurant and Pub is adjacent to the hotel, so close we share a driveway, and is the perfect place for lunch or dinner. On your next visit to Bethlehem, PA, stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area. A friendly staff looks forward to your arrival. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area