“No doubt the best in Bethlehem”
Review of The Bayou

The Bayou
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bayou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 348 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“No doubt the best in Bethlehem”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I've lived in Bethlehem since 1991, and I can say, without a doubt, this is the best restaurant in town. Everything I've ever eaten here has been outstanding. I especially enjoy the spare ribs. Great service, great food, great experience!

Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“Bravo Bayou!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Bayou. B- Bold A- Ambrosial Y- Yes! Yes! Yes! O-Outstanding U- Unexpected
The bartenders and wait staff are all fantastic. Props for Annie Rain who is faultless in her expertise, the pride she exudes for the restaurant, and her good-natured demeanor behind the bar. Kudos to the chef, Tyler Baxter for the savory plates; your flavors are simply delectable. Yum. Love the atmosphere; it has such an irresistible vibe. Thank you Bayou...We started out as first time customers last night, but left as friends that were wowed BY YOU! Kadishe & Jeff

Bethlehem
“Tasty !”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Having friends in from Arizona my wife and I decided to try the Bayou. Not knowing what to expect we were very pleasantly surprised. My friend from Az. being a chef himself was extremely pleased with what we all shared. The oyster Po Boy sandwich was great! Other things we tried were the jalapeño grits, a ' must try' if you like spicy grits, the white bean stew and the house Andouille. Needless to say everything we tried couldn't have been better, especially with the fact that our Arizona friend is a Le Cordon Bleu chef.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Yes and No”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a new restaurant and I am very ambivalent about the place. I LOVE the atmosphere. The bathroom is beautiful -- I would love to have that exact bathroom in my house. The bar area looks great. The tables are trendy. The walls are beautiful. The patio looked very romantic. They play a trendy jazz music in the background that is pleasant.

I also love the theme -- upscale Southern food. It is a nice idea.

I ordered the chicken wings and didn't like them at all. The meat was fall-off-the-bone which normally would be good for meat, but is awkward for eating wings. The sauce was not great either. Overall, the worst wings I have had, We also ordered the hush puppies and they were okay -- cooked a little too long in my opinion and I did not particularly like the sauce. The mixed drinks were average but too sugary. We had coffee that I didn't like and some dessert that was average.

I feel like this place has great potential. The atmosphere is perfect and I believe they can make some really amazing food, but I didn't get to see it. I would maybe try the place again for dinner and see if their regular food is better than the appetizers we ordered, but it was pricey enough that I might not bother (two appetizers, two mixed drinks, one dessert and two coffees = $50)

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bayoulicios!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Great Service, Delicious Food and Drinks were excellent! My favorite drink: Jalapeño Margarita.
I had the oxtails for dinner and they were exquisite!
Can't wait to go back!