“Awesome Olde World Pizza & Pasta”

Sal's Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #34 of 366 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Sal's is amazing, and I am not often effusive about pizza. In truth, I only had one pizza here, but the pasta dishes which I've had on two occasions, are REALLY great. This small place has decent ambience- last time I was there, there was old, big band type music playing, Sinatra and stuff. A little old lady walked in, all stooped over, and either went straight into the back, or she was an apparition from a bygone era.

It is my opinion that there is mostly bad pasta and pizza available in the USA. Sal's stands out from the humdrum, everyday crowd with really great American Italian food. The Pasta Arrabiatta (nice rigatonis & shrimp) was so wonderful, I wanted to lick the plate! But I held off, and instead tipped heavily. Sal's is just a few miles of I-81, so if you're driving past, if you are hungry and want to have some good Italian food or pizza, swing by. I PROMISE you'll enjoy it.

3  Thank TomBanksJr

Reviewed 23 October 2013

There is a reason this place has great reviews.

We had a non-meat pizza, which probably helped - but overall, this was the first pizza I've ever had that was Not greasy. They don't go overboard with cheese and sauce, so you can actually enjoy your toppings.

The place was pretty busy when we went in for lunch on a Saturday and they had only the one waitress for a while - but she was doing a great job taking care of people. It meant there was a longer wait, but she was on top of people's needs.

This is a must, if you're in town.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

There are so many salads..pizza..ans entrees that I love here. That is my only problem..lol..what I want to pick to eat! Waitstaff is always friendly and no matter how busy..take a moment to chat.
You won't be disappointed here!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We've been there a couple of times over last six months. The food was very good but the waitress is horrible. There's one dark, long hair one in particular is extremely rude ( I overheard someone calling her Ann. Not very sure) I have to think twice whenever I decided to eat there. I certainly hope she is not the owner!

Good portions, good food and complementary connoli at dinner is always a reason for us to go back.

Get rid of the waitress!!!!

1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 9 August 2013

While my wife and I enjoyed our meals, I would not rate this as our favorite Italian or pizza in the valley. First on the table was the garlic breadsticks. These were very good. They were nice and soft, and very tasty. We ordered some calamari and that was excellent and very tender. Our kids got pizza, and while it was good, it's not our favorite. The taste was good, but the crust was just too thick for our liking. This seems to be a common occurrence in the valley. But I could see on a pizza that needs a heavy crust where this would be good. I got veal parm and was very satisfied with my meal. The sauce was excellent, and not sweet... very tough to find that. My wife got the vodka penne, and this was off to us as well. There was entirely too much cream in the sauce. It washed out all the other flavors that were supposed to be there. As mentioned in other reviews, portion sizes are huge. We definitely have enough for another meal. We also did have the complimentary cannoli and thought they were very good as well. This is a very good restaurant, and if someone wanted to go there we wouldn't say no, but it's just not our favorite.

1  Thank BrewmeisterB