“Fantastic Middle Eastern Food”
Review of Olive Branch

Olive Branch
Ranked #90 of 358 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I eat Middle Eastern/Mediterranean quite a bit, especially when traveling, since it provides some safe vegetarian choices for her. That being said, this may have been the best Middle Eastern meal we've ever had (including on our trip to the Middle East). I will definitively say that the vegetarian grape leaves were the best. The pie sampler (meat, feta, spinach) was also excellent, and my kebabs (chicken, lamb, kafta) were amazing. Her falafel was quite good, as was the hummus and rice we had on the side. Everything was seasoned to perfection. If I had to find something to nitpick about, it would be that half the dinner entrees were kebabs and I wouldn't have minded a little more variety on the menu. However, there are plenty of appetizers to make a meal from if you're so inclined.

Olive Branch has a home-style atmosphere and feels like a mom and pop restaurant (which it is). The service from the owner was very attentive and friendly, and the prices were more than reasonable. I don't know when we'll be back in Bethlehem, but I imagine a trip to the Olive Branch will be included.

1  Thank Bcohen13

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Have been going here for years, and the place never disappoints. Delicious food, friendly service. Sam and Ghada are the best. Love the kebabs, hummus, falafel and DESSERT! We had them do our wedding cake - chocolate cake with raspberry layered inside. We moved from Bethlehem, but try to get back here whenever possible. It's a nice place to meet friends for a casual, enjoyable dinner - we can actually have a conversation here without shouting, and yet it's also someplace where I don't worry about bringing my young children. Oh and try the Turkish coffee - it's rich and delicious! Highly recommended!

1  Thank sodapants
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My wife and I found this little place on Tripadvisor and dropped in before a concert. This is a great little place, the proprietor was so helpful and kid. Service was quick. We had delicious starters Houmas pita tabouli and those meat and cheese pie things. All fresh and delicious. The owner gave us a complimentary salad which was dressed with good oil. Then we shared a mixed kabob excellent meat and rice good too. The place is cute and gradually started to fill up. Liked the place a a lot and will return. It is take your own. Oh and our bill 31 bucks!

4  Thank ChristopherB684
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stopped here for dinner after a movie at SteelStacks and had one of the most amazing dinners we've had in a long time! The food was unique, fresh, and delicious. The small restaurant doesn't look like anything special, but the perfectly seasoned meat, generous portions, and friendly service will transport you to the Middle East. The menu is small but has unique Middle Eastern dishes, including a delicious meat pastry appetizer. Prices are very reasonable and portions are large enough to share, to save room for dessert! A huge selection of fresh pies and cakes are available, but I recommend the sticky-sweet baklava and Aracbic coffee (espresso flavored with cardamom and cinnamon - delicious). Don't pass this one up!

4  Thank al840
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Olive Branch is a family favorite and all generations enjoy the restaurant. The food is authentic and prepared similar to the old country recipes. We live over an hour away but it's well worth the trip.

2  Thank Bill B