“Not the same staff and service”
Review of blue grillhouse

blue grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
blue grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 33
Description: Welcome to the "new" blue. You will be pleased to know that we continue to offer the premier cuts of steak and fresh seafood that you have come to expect as well as an eclectic blend of internationally inspired specialty dishes. Our new wine list features many classic favorites and artisan varieties. Gracious, expert service and our newly appointed dining room help create a truly memorable experience for dinner or lunch. Enjoy unique martinis, cocktails and cognacs in the relaxing bar. We are proud to introduce our new fire side dining room. You can look forward to our new alfresco high energy bar opening in April. Join us for happy hour from 5pm to 7pm Monday through Friday! blue is convenient to major highways leading from the Lehigh Valley, metro New Jersey, Philadelphia and the Poconos.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Not the same staff and service”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This place has gone way down in the quality of food and service since the new management. The bar staff is young and inexperienced and spends more time putting away glasses than serving you. Don't be surprised if they ask you how to make your drink or look in the book. You used to be able to order a shrimp cocktail as an app but now everything is a la cart from the raw bar. A bit pricier. Quality of food is not the same as before. You can a better steak at other places in the valley.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank David S

Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We went here to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary and had a very nice time. We started in the bar at happy hour with some wine & app's. We then had a late romantic dinner in the dining room that was so good. My husband chose the pri fixe menu they offer during the week which he picked twin filets. I had the seafood penne pasta. Both meals were great. We also had some champagne & dessert to end the evening. We are already looking at coming back to happy hour & dinner soon. Thanks for making our evening so memorable.

• Visited April 2014
New Jersey
“A genuine delight”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We selected this through a matrix of trip advisor ratings and what was available the day before at the time we wanted for a party our size. It can be surprisingly difficult to get a table in Bethlehem at times. This was 4 miles from where we wanted to be, but as it turns out, worth every tenth mile. What a fabulous place and what incredible food! This is a top notch dining establishment. The decor is the finest I have ever seen anywhere-when I entered, I thought I had inadvertently walked into an upscale spa. We were treated with utmost professional warm friendliness, our special seating request accommodated cheerfully, and attended to by a very competent, if mildly snooty waiter. The steaks are all excellent Black Angus, and cooked perfectly. The salads are huge, I suggest sharing, the sides are special, and also meant for sharing (though not as generous as the salads.) The sea bass was some of the best seafood we have had, and the hollandaise sauce on the asparagus buttery lemon perfection. Hubby tried the mystery wine flight-three two ounce glasses of red or white, you are told after your meal what you had when you tell which one you liked best and why. Fun twist on the usual glass of fine wine.
We were too full for dessert, but after reading the menu, made up our minds to return to this restaurant soon, without waiting for the next event in Bethlehem…yes, this was worth an hour drive just to come to dinner, and that is what we plan to do very soon.
I am disabled, and often experience discomfort or out and out snubbing by nicer restaurants as this, but my treatment here was such that even I forgot for a while that I am disabled. I was as respectfully treated as everyone else in my party or around us. Our young adult daughter especially appreciated the music, and I loved that it was at a volume that allowed enjoyment of the music but easy conversation as well. My complements to the chef, to the designers, and to the management for an all around perfect restaurant experience. Well done! I encourage all readers of this review to make this their first choice if you can afford a pricey but worth it dining experience.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank letsgomama
New York
“Surprising. Great service.”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I am not a steakhouse fan. Their food was terrific. We were 5 people and decided to order multiple items and share. This is not their standard, but they seamlessly adapted.

Visited March 2014
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Experience of eating at Blue restaurant in Bethlehem pa”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Service and foods was excellent. The place was gorgeous from the outside as well as the inside.
Everything we expected in the service and quality of was was exceeded.i would definately go back.

• Visited March 2014