“Just OK”

McCarthy's Red Stag Pub and Whiskey Bar
Ranked #6 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Scottish, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to McCarthy's Red Stag Pub and Whiskey Bar. Experience a taste of Ireland and the British Isles at Bethlehem's Celtic Pub and Restaurant. With authentic Irish and British Isles food made from scratch, a full bar, an extensive Irish and Scottish whiskey menu, and a family-friendly atmosphere, McCarthy's is the place for a true Celtic experience in the Lehigh Valley. Created to preserve Irish family traditions and memories passed down through generations, it is a perfect place to celebrate life's special events and everyday happenings.
Chicago, Illinois
“Just OK”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Went on St Patty's day for a fix of corned beef and cabbage. Great atmosphere, young girl playing the harp. Food was just OK and kept the tradition of bland Irish cooking. If you want to drink in a traditional Irish pub, this is the place, but for food, go somewhere else.......

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nighthawks-55

Palmerton, Pennsylvania
“I love it!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The food I had for breakfast was just awesome Irish food. I can't wait to go back. The selection of tea is also great. I'm not really a tea guy but I completely enjoyed that as well. The staff was knowledgeable and attentive.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“True Irish Experience”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Husband and wife team that go out of their way to make sure you have a great experience. The Shepherd's pie (lamb) and the Cottage pie (beef) are perfect! The Cottage is my favorite! The ambience is a true Irish tearoom/pub. Understand a fantastic remodel is in the works to give more Pub feel. Can't wait! Be sure to try the baked goods....all homemade by the owners, Kelly and Maura. I mean, how much more Irish can you get???

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Saturday dinner”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I, and my son and girlfriend went there for dinner. It was extremely busy, but they did there best to provide good service. The food was OK, nothing great. There was just nothing that stuck out as greta that would make me go back. No complaints, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Glen Rock
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“but the food was good”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We weren't sure if it was a new waitress or what! And even then, she should have had some assistance. Granted, we were a large group of 12, but still...the soup came 1hr 5 min after we got there. And only 6 of us had ordered soup, so in the meantime the rest of us are thinking "oh my gosh, we have to wait until they are finished before we can get our meal!" Another 15 minutes the food came. The sad part is we had to pay the gratuity because it is included in parties over 10. So our waitress happily walked away with $46 she most definitely didn't deserve. Plus, the irritation of watching people that came in after us eat and leave! Sad, because our group had a good experience last year. We won't be going back.

1 Thank Mike B