“Dining area has been redone -- good steak sandwiches”

Matey's Famous Steaks & Pizza
Ranked #52 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Brick Oven Pizza Hand-pressed pizzas come in 15 varieties of 3-cheeses Gluten-Free Pizza 20 varieties of Cheesesteaks Made from 100% American rib-eye beef Over 20 varieties of cheesesteaks including beef, chicken and a (grilled vegetarian version). Made with tender 100% American rib-eye beef. Using Grandma Matey's secret-recipe; a tomato "gravy" that enhances the natural flavor of the beef and makes our cheesesteaks the juiciest you'll find anywhere. The 3/4 lb. of savory meat is placed inside our freshly baked steak rolls. Topped with mozzarella and provolone cheeses and baked in a convection oven until they reach delicious perfection, and topped with a hand-cut pickle and hot peppers. Eating Light? If you're looking for lighter fare, our delicious chicken-steak sandwiches are made with lean, chipped all-white chicken breast meat and contain only 460 calories and 3 grams of saturated fat per serving.* Or try one of our wraps or green salads. They're so good that you won't even realize you're eating healthy!
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Dining area has been redone -- good steak sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My husband and I went to lunch today and were pleasantly surprised by the updated dining area. It is now more open looking, decorated nicely and staff is very friendly. We each enjoyed a cheesesteak and shared an order of fries and onion rings. I must admit that I was unable to eat more than half of my steak and we brought home half the fries and onion rings too! The amount of the meal served was plenty for one person! Worth a trip to visit!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank mrsgfhjr
Michael M, Owner at Matey's Famous Steaks & Pizza, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the kinds words.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Friendly place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I just got in to Bethlehem after an 11 hour drive. I wanted to get something decent to bring back to the hotel before I went into coma. It was close by and the reviews were ok so I took a chance. The cheesesteak was just what I wanted. They were friendly on the phone and even nicer when I came by to pick up. They even offered me a free order of fries that had been made by mistake. (Of course, I took them, not wanting to offend the locals!). The bottom line is that I'm full and happy in the hotel after a really good sandwich. I like this town!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Thomas G
Thanks for the kind words and stopping by while you were in the area.
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“Great Cheesesteaks. Seriously.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

This Soft American with onions and mushrooms is one of the best I have had in many years. Really.

Friendly employees. Fast service.

Too bad I live 36 miles from Matey's.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TimDoubleBass
Thank you for the kinds words, we appreciate you making the trip to visit us.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Always delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

I love getting food here, whether it be take out or dine in. They redesigned their dining room and it looks awesome! It's retro style. Before it was country western, which I loved too. They are famous for their steaks which are great. I love their hot dogs as well, which may seem silly but they cook them different than any other! All in all if you're in town, you should try them! They are my go-to!

1 Thank Heather S
Thank you for the kind words.
Allentown, PA
“Great Steaks and Sides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

The food is great, I ordered to go. We had a white cheesesteak and regular cheesesteak with fries and onion rings. Really large steaks, we could have easily split one. The service is excellent, very friendly and fast.
We will be going back.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank jadebabe
Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate it.