“clean, convenient location”

The View Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 11 July 2014

While our room (131) had clean bedding, towels, bathroom, the upholstered chair needed a good cleaning. The water filled up in the sink and needed time to drain in between brushing our teeth. Fridge, microwave, coffee maker were clean. Bathroom small but functional, nice water pressure (shower head a little low for my tall hubby), no problems with any plumbing. no noise, a/c worked fine. Pet friendly $10/night, but no pet-stations outside. This location was chosen for it's proximity to family/friends, and had some decent reviews on TA.

Spent 3 nights at this Comfort Inn. The staff was available but distant, never inquiring how our stay was, or any conversation. Our first night was interrupted by the fire alarm (false) 1:00 a.m., so we spent about 1/2 hour in the parking lot, without any staff giving information or updates on the situation.

The corridor carpeting was in serious need of a deep cleaning, but no odors in the hall or in the room. Plenty of parking, breakfast the standard fare, nice area to sit and have a bite to eat. ( waffle station, cold cereal, juice, yogurt, etc) right next to a Perkins which was fine to grab a meal - you can walk out the door near the exercise room, down a few steps to the Perkins, so no need to use the car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grammy137
HotelGMBethlehem, General Manager at The View Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we keep everyword in mind to make each guests stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Upon entering hotel, my husband and I were told they would be with us in just one moment (they were counting down registers).. After at least a twenty minute wait we were motioned to come up. It took so long because there was a $10.00 discrepancy in drawers. We were motioned because Sandi was on the phone. She proceeded to answer another call so the other girl (don't know her name because she did not have a name tag on) said she would help us. She then registered us for our room. She never said a word to us. We were given a room on the second floor. OH YEAH, I was in a air boot on my leg due to an injury. I then asked if maybe we could get a room on the first floor. I was told I should have said something before we we put in a room. (I guess 20 minutes waiting across from her she didn't see it). I said never mind we will work with it. Woman working in breakfast area was very sweet but over whelmed. I think it is nice that they let workers eat in the breakfast area however, I think they should at least let the customers sit and eat. Location was very nice

Room Tip: No elevator so if you can't go up or down stairs ask for first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiggsgal

I am very sorry that your stay was not what you expected. From the long wait to not noticing your air cast. I have passed your review onto each and every staff member . I am truly sorry, and hope that you would try us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Bethlehem PA Comfort Inn. , check in was a breeze , let us check in early, front desk is very helpful , ample parking, great location and I recommend 2 places that you can walk to eat
one is the Library, great drinks and around the corner is a little Thai place food is delicious all this within walking distance...We also go to the Sands to see different musical events which is a great place to see a concert also have free outdoor concerts...

Room Tip: as far as I know all the rooms are well kept
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words! Thank you for taking the time out to review us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn before. It's close to the pike, but quiet. Breakfast is okay. No frills, just dependable quality. The staff is polite and friendly. Good over night and short stay hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Thank C. L

Thank you , I am glad that you had a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed there during a visit to Dutch Springs. Got there late Friday night after a long drive. The hotel was very nice and clean. Ryan was very very accomodatind and helpful. Nice service. Good breakfast. It was a very nice welcome after a tyring trip on a Friday night... Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HotelGMBethlehem, General Manager at The View Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful comment!

Nicole Johnson
Comfort Inn Bethlehem

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

When we arrived there was nobody at the front desk... Only some cookies ;-)

We asked a few times, then wait... A few minutes and asked again... We heard a crunching cooking sounds and notice a girl eating a cookie in the back... We wait again a little bit longer and ask politely if we could check in (it was 7h pm or so...)

The girl seems unhappy that we bother her... Like we were disturbing her while eating her cookies... I guess we should have come back later!!!

She finally check us in... No welcome, no thank you for being a Diamond precious member, no free room upgrade, no information, nothing... Only : sign here and there... Here's your room key... (Probably thinking, please leave so I could eat some more cookies)

The room was nice, good shower, very slow Internet, nice flat screen tv, fridge & microwave...

Very expensive hotel for such average service and not so welcoming...

We went out and when we came back we had to say hello to get a weak "hi" (please let me update my Facebook profile...I don't have time for guest kind of attitude...)

Very disapointing once again!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank benoitleblanc

I thank you for your comments and have worked on the issue with our guest service staff. Once again thank you, your comments help make us better at accomodating each guest that comes into our hotel.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed one night while visiting Dutch Springs park. There are 2 Comfort Inn's near Dutch Springs and I usually stay in the closer one, which this is.. The other one is about 10 miles out, but just as nice..
I was looking for a clean hotel with good service people and maybe a hot breakfast. I got all of that here. The staff is very nice and the surrounding area was quiet.
I had a hearty free hot breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words, we at the Comfort Inn Bethlehem take great pride in our service and bost about our wonderful hot breakfast.