“Overall very nice place to stay!”

The View Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Overall very nice place to stay!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Everything was very nice. My room was very clean, bed comfortable.All of the staff I encountered were very nice and friendly. Breakfast buffet was a nice variety of choices and was keep supplied. Location was close to highway but in quiet area. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: This hotel has two floors.There is no elevator to the second floor. If stairs are a problem ask for...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Loves2travel456

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Peoria, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Love the location as its just off the highway and a mile from our daughter in Bethlehem. Office chair in the room worn out-our king bed was such you could feel EVERY movement,carpet in the halls dirty&worn!The breakfast was ok-the eggs had cheese in the middle and folded over,but otherwise there was the usual pastries,bagels,cereal,juices,coffee, and the waffle machine.I am not complaining abt this hotel too much because we got an end room without asking and we appreciated this VERY much! It was quiet, non smoking room did NOT smell of smoke. Room was clean,everything worked(refer,microwave,ac)Yes it needs updating. I wouldn't call it "horrible" tho. It was $75 a night and we stayed 4 nights-busiest over the weekend of course.Any longer would not be good cause I couldn't sleep well on that mattress. We didn't see any men outside drinking beer.Probably would stay again, but not long-no laundry or pool.

Room Tip: IDK but maybe bring extension cord - outlets not convenient.
1 Thank Jacki C
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We host a large event in this area every summer and have been using this hotel for 4 years now. The rooms & the common areas are clean and tidy.
The staff is a delight to work with & has been helpful.
In this year's event, we had a large block of rooms reserved at the hotel. A number of our members complemented the night staff for going the extra mile to help out. Michael, in particular, saw a number of guests come in late in the night and arranged for coffee and water for everybody at 2 in the morning.
Its this kind of great service that has brought us here for last few years. Will come back here again for future events.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Harmeet A
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This place was HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! When we walked in there were 3 men sitting out front drinking beer and cursing. One of them had an ankle monitor on. None of them had shirts on. One man had a bloody cut up face. They were staying there. I don't know why they were aloud to sit out front and behave like this. When we opened up our room door it smelled like of smoke HORRIBLY. The room is a NON-SMOKING room. We were on the bottom floor right by the door leading outside. The chair's upholstery was filthy. The bedding was clean, but stunk like smoke. The bathroom was clean. The phone was broke. They sent someone down immediately. He took care of the problem. When we questioned the front desk about the smoke smell they just shrugged it off. When I stay some place I expect our room to not smell like smoke. Our son has asthma and it bothers him.The girl who checked us in at night was not very friendly. They do have a nice room where they serve breakfast.The breakfast was decent.There isn't a pool or washer and dryer. The only positive was that the room was clean. It doesn't undo the HORRIBLE smoke smell. When I write a review I try to be objective and find good things about it. This time it was not easy. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HotelGMBethlehem, General Manager at The View Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I apologize your stay was not what you were expecting. We try very hard to have a clean comfortable room for your stay. I understand that when you walked into the hotel you were not happy seeing the other guests sitting outside the hotel. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will be sure to rectify the situation.

Travellers are raving about these Bethlehem hotels

Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The only unfortunate part of this trip was that we only got to spend one night at the Comfort Inn. That one night was a pleasure.

The motel is conveniently located, just off US 22 and the intersection with Rt 191. This location offers easy access to just about anywhere in the area.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful, especially the young desk clerk, Michael. We had a great room, nice and clean, well furnished, comfortable beds, refrigerator, nice water pressure in the shower, etc. The motel also furnishes a free continental breakfast, as well as free Wi-Fi and free parking.

It was a pleasure staying with them, and hopefully, we will get another chance next time we are in the area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words, we at the Comfort Inn Bethlehem try our very best to make a good impression!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2014

While our room (131) had clean bedding, towels, bathroom, the upholstered chair needed a good cleaning. The water filled up in the sink and needed time to drain in between brushing our teeth. Fridge, microwave, coffee maker were clean. Bathroom small but functional, nice water pressure (shower head a little low for my tall hubby), no problems with any plumbing. no noise, a/c worked fine. Pet friendly $10/night, but no pet-stations outside. This location was chosen for it's proximity to family/friends, and had some decent reviews on TA.

Spent 3 nights at this Comfort Inn. The staff was available but distant, never inquiring how our stay was, or any conversation. Our first night was interrupted by the fire alarm (false) 1:00 a.m., so we spent about 1/2 hour in the parking lot, without any staff giving information or updates on the situation.

The corridor carpeting was in serious need of a deep cleaning, but no odors in the hall or in the room. Plenty of parking, breakfast the standard fare, nice area to sit and have a bite to eat. ( waffle station, cold cereal, juice, yogurt, etc) right next to a Perkins which was fine to grab a meal - you can walk out the door near the exercise room, down a few steps to the Perkins, so no need to use the car.

1 Thank grammy137
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we keep everyword in mind to make each guests stay more enjoyable.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Upon entering hotel, my husband and I were told they would be with us in just one moment (they were counting down registers).. After at least a twenty minute wait we were motioned to come up. It took so long because there was a $10.00 discrepancy in drawers. We were motioned because Sandi was on the phone. She proceeded to answer another call so the other girl (don't know her name because she did not have a name tag on) said she would help us. She then registered us for our room. She never said a word to us. We were given a room on the second floor. OH YEAH, I was in a air boot on my leg due to an injury. I then asked if maybe we could get a room on the first floor. I was told I should have said something before we we put in a room. (I guess 20 minutes waiting across from her she didn't see it). I said never mind we will work with it. Woman working in breakfast area was very sweet but over whelmed. I think it is nice that they let workers eat in the breakfast area however, I think they should at least let the customers sit and eat. Location was very nice

Room Tip: No elevator so if you can't go up or down stairs ask for first floor.
1 Thank tiggsgal
I am very sorry that your stay was not what you expected. From the long wait to not noticing your air cast. I have passed your review onto each and every staff member . I am truly sorry, and hope that you would try us again in the future.