“They Accommodate You Here”

Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
San Antonio, Texas
“They Accommodate You Here”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We just spent six nights at this property.
The location is ideal for access to anywhere in the Lehigh Valley.
Even though the hotel is a few blocks from Route 22, it is quiet and peaceful here.
There are many large trees and greenery surrounding the BW. The physical plant is 46 years old, and it is a former Holiday Inn.

It is the personnel here who make this place a great value. Starting with GM Paul DiNapoli, front desk clerks Martha and Amanda, to the friendly staff in the Foundry dining room led by Maureen, you get the feeling that they really care.

An older property has to work much harder to maintain the best level of service.
Their king size bed rivals any in the luxury class for comfort. They use the fluffy towels
typical of a top tier hotels.

Their standard free breakfast is tasty and filling. It include delicious oatmeal with all
the extras, three kinds of toast, bagels, yogurt, four choices of cereal, fresh fruit, and assorted danish, muffins, and juice. They also include french toast and hard-boiled eggs.

If you ask nicely you might get upgraded to a free hot breakfast, This includes some of the tastiest scrambled eggs ever mass produced, bacon, sausage, and nifty home fries
with onions. The server will bring you a large carafe of coffee if you desire.

We like to exercise, but the AC in the fitness room was on the fritz. The GM allowed us to use the brand new equipment next door at the Hampton Inn, a sister property.

Needless to say, we were impressed with the Best Western plus in Bethlehem, Pa.

Room Tip: Best room are in the rear and inside. So very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bobemac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Before you stay with this hotel, be aware (VERY AWARE) that they are a "pet friendly" hotel. Sounds nice, but think about this. Do you want to sleep in a bed where an unknown dog may have slept? Yes, sheets are washed daily, but not blankets or bedspreads. While napping, I awoke to a tick crawling on my neck. When I returned home after my 4 day stay there, I found an extremely large tick embedded in my head. I have been freaked out for days. Disgusting! I hope nobody else has to go through this.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank bridal55

Travellers are raving about these Bethlehem hotels

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Arrived at the hotel with less than an hour to get to the room, change and make the 20 minute drive to the church to attend a wedding. Had problem with opening the door to the hotel room. Getting more concerned about time. Thought there would be a delay upon getting back to the hotel desk. Greatly surprised and relieved that, after hearing about the time constaints, the woman at the desk took my suitcase, walked with me to the room and opened the door. Not being able to get in was my fault, but she couldn't have been nicer and more concerned with my needs. You just don't find that level of concern for the guest as a person at every hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank EineReiserin
Oakton, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I needed a place to stay for just one night and got a very good price for this Best Western through Hotwire. My room was clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. I like to have white noise to sleep and like it when I can have the A/C fan constantly on, and I could do that in this room - although it was a bit loud even on low. Parking is very convenient to all rooms. The pool is large, htough I did not use it. The free breakfast was pretty basic, but was fine. The facility is fairly old and nothing fancy, but it is very clean and well maintained. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BJKNoVA
brooklyn
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The grounds are beautiful, The pool is pretty and blue. The staff was very friendly, Amanda, Martha, (front desk) and Judy in the Foundry Restaurant is a doll. The room was immaculate, and smelled like lemon pledge.

Another upside is they also have room service until 10:00 pm. That and the breakfast buffet, you can't go wrong. The buffet that you pay for is much better than the free one. The buffet breakfast, gives you eggs, sausages, bacon, and home fries, plus you can also go to the free side for fruit, cereal, danish, etc.

Our first trip there was in April (my birthday) trip #2 was in July, and we're going back in August. We originally went because Sands Casino is like 10 minutes away, but I'd rather stay than play. I can't say how much I enjoy staying there, but for now I think I've said enough.

Room Tip: Just enjoy the scenery, eat and have fun. Oh, and the room service prices are'nt to shabby ither...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Blazing777
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We were in for a sports weekend. All areas of the hotel were nice. Breakfast was busy, however the girls were very accomadating. We needed a couple things not offered and we received them right away. The pool was nice and we enjoyed the young man that worked at the pool refreshment stand. He enjoyed talking to us and since we are regulars he remembered us from last year. Thanks again and we will be back.

Room Tip: ask for a pool side room. very relaxing having a drink outside our room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank hank565685
ESBusch, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate your feedback.

Management
Kings Park, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed in Best Western Plus Lehigh Valley for a softball tournament. Management assured us we could barbecue at night...then changed their minds. We had already bought the food! Then we had to be out of the pool area at 9pm. Really???? They had the nerve to tell us our kids had to be in the rooms by 10 pm. Very rude in most respects. In the breakfast buffet area my feet stuck to the floor. Very dirty hotel in general. Rooms smelled like smoke and pets. Sunday morning there was no hot breakfast buffet for the kids who would be outside all day playing ball. Not what was advertised. I want my money back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family