“Robbed in hotel room”

Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had not checked out of my room yet and was at a conference held at the hotel. I was found at the conference and informed I lost my wallet. I went to get my wallet at the front desk and asked where it was found and they informed my room. I told them that was interesting because I had not checked out of my room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyn B
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Once again I apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay but there was no need to make it as alarming as you made it sound with your review. We take security very seriously for example; readable electronic door locks and 24 hrs security cameras to better protect our guests’ safety and try to prevent situation like this from occurring. Even though, you were not checked-out of the room you were scheduled to departure and all your belongings were out of the guest room at the time housekeeping entered the room and when the wallet was found which raises the question of the amount of money missing. We conducted our investigation and dealt with the problem internally. Further, we compensated for all your expenses at the hotel’s cost to make up for the inconvenience and aggravation. If I can assist you further, I gave you my business card certainly let me know.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Very impressed with size of rooms and quality of beds. We all had a great sleep (4). The fire alarm was beeping when we got to the room so I phoned front desk and within minutes they were there changing the battery. Cannot beat the value! Whenever we are around the area, we'll definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

I am so happy to hear your stay at our Best Western was a pleasant one. We continue making changes and renovations based on feedback and our goal it’s to deliver consistency and the level of service you deserve. Thank you,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Besides the staff (who were overall very nice & helpful) the hotel was awful! The room smelled of mold, the food was terrible, the workout room was embarrassingly small and the beds were really uncomfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I’m sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We upgraded the fitness room with brand new equipment but it’s small that was probably a big part of your rating. We’re working on new tile floors for all guest rooms and replacing carpeting. I hope you give us another chance next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice hotel. Staff was great. The beds are in need of a serious upgrade. The mattresses were very uncomfortable and were also very small. It was difficult for two people to share the same bed. The free breakfast was OK but they ran out of food on a busy Sunday morning so if you stay here, make sure you get your breakfast early.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback! I’m happy to hear that our staff took care of you. I addressed the breakfast issues with our Chef to make sure we don’t run low in food during our heavy group, sport weekends; our complementary hot breakfast buffet is one of our best features. Also, we’ll be upgrading mattresses in the near future so I hope to see you soon. Safe travels!!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple times now for events held on site. The location is convenient, amenities (like the breakfast) are good, the restaurant okay (but has issues with communication from the restaurant and bar to the waitstaff).

The rooms are spacious and clean, however, the exterior doors are broken. You need to break your shoulder to open the door on the fifth try. The cleaning crew carries on loud conversations in the hallway when they don't think anyone is around (but are attentive when they see a guest at least).

The biggest problem is the front desk staff -- inflexible, incompetent and the manager is never around. It's ironic that the hotel is not very accommodating with late check-out -- pushing back on even offering 12:30 when many of the rooms weren't available when I checked in at 3:15 pm two days before and being NASTY about it. They were also rude to me when I made my reservation (when I made the request for a first floor room) and assigned me a room as far away from the event site as possible. (I had friends who showed up four hours later than me who made their reservation later than me who were placed much closer)

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
NConigliaro, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the Front Desk. We take pride in our customer service and I have addressed your comments with my team to avoid situations like this going forward. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room and hope your event went well. If there is anything else you'd like to bring to my attention, please do not hesitate contacting me at nconigliaro@lehighvalleyhotel.com.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife as a stop during a couples get away. Nice service. Good restaurant recommendation. Outdoor pool with pool bar (not swim up) but a good sound system. Extended families would revel here. Small grass area is a draw back. And if there is a wedding there and you aren't part of it space may be further constrained. But if you want to hang out by the pool with friends or family, this is a great value pick in warm weather.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! Thanks again for your kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in the Bethlehem area.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We checked into the hotel this past weekend. The exterior and lobby were nicely done. However, once you got past check out you went back in time. The stairwell which was the direction we were given to access our room. The hotel rooms look like they haven't been updated in 20 years. The bathroom was disgusting and small, and looked to not be clean in sometime. I didn't even use the shower I was so disgusted. We went to the buffet breakfast which was included. They had no table service. All the tables were clean and you couldn't find help anywhere around. I looked for a place to eat breakfast with my daughter and couldn't find a clean place in site. The food looked like it had been empty for sometime. Outside of your hotel room it was just OK. In the hotel room was horrible the king bed was definitely not a King. I think it was a full or queen. I will never stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We are in the process of renovating our guest rooms, hallways and addressed the restaurant issue with our food and beverage manager. We do not offer table service since we offer a complimentary breakfast buffet ; We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.