“Okay for a night, avoid the nightclub area”

Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and teenage son stayed here for one night. The hotel is in a convenient location, right off the highway. The room was clean. We got there on a Saturday night and the lobby shares an entrance with a nightclub that attracted quite a crowd. My son and a few of his friends were sitting in the lobby when two drunk patrons from the club approached them and started bothering them. The hotel staff did not intervene, although it was right in front of the lobby desk. There was also a large group of guests who were very loud and inconsiderate at 2am in the hallway and no one from the hotel tried to quiet them down. The walls are very thin. We were on the first floor and security did cross my mind because anyone from the club could also easily walk down the hallways to the guest rooms. Our room also had a door facing the parking lot, in addition to the interior door. The included breakfast buffet was decent although not as good as some of the other hotel chains. They had muffins, cereal, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, and it was certainly enough to fill up on. We did not see the pool. We passed by the gym and it looked small but had some good equipment. All in all it was fine for a night, but the security issue with the nightclub patrons and loud obnoxious guests was something that bothered me.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Krys N
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise and traffic. We’ll utilize your comments to improve our guest satisfaction by adding extra security guards at the lobby while the night club is open. Hope to see you again...

Managing Director- Richard Sanchez

There are newer reviews for Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I am a over the road truck driver and when its time for me to relax . I like a quiet clean hotel . and that's what I got with this hotel the staff was very friendly . would I stay their again yes I would it is close to everything and the best thing is they have truck parking

Room Tip: the 2nd floor pool side very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here; I am pleased that you were able to relax and you found our hotel convenient. We look forward to seeing you soon…

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Noisy run down filled with low class people. Doors slamming . Room carpet needs replacing. Pay 20 more and stay somewhere else.
No elevator. Not up to Best Western name. Should not have rooms next to loud exterior door.

Room Tip: Do not stay on first floor near pool or side exterior door or machines, But no elevator to second f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your overall stay. We do accommodate families and teams during the weekends during our summer months and kids are usually loud but we do appreciate hearing from our guests including items of opportunity to improve; we do have additional security on promises so we encourage our guests to contact the front desk so we can calm the issue. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us another chance!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I visit this location mostly on business, but I've also had the pleasure to spend a couple days for pleasure. This location is one of the best that I've ever visited. First of all the reservation specialists are second to none. They have always been courteous, kind, attentive, helpful, and most of all professional. Easy access on and off the major interstates. The rooms have always been very clean. The beds are very comfortable, and the most important thing for me is the bathrooms. They also have on location a very nice restaurant along with a very nice bar. A very nice fitness center and a good size pool, located outside in the center of the rooms. I have never encountered any problems at this location. If you're ever in the area, this is the place to visit....THE BEST WESTERN LEHIGH VALLEY HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTER, BETHLEHEM, PA

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Best Western; I’m so glad we were able to experience and enjoy our amenities not only during business but pleasure too. Thanks again for your kind words and hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

During a recent vacation, we stopped at this hotel for one night. The good side: Entering the lobby, it is nicely decorated with a good looking restaurant and bar area. The staff, although young, was courteous and attentive. It also had a large courtyard with spacious outdoor pool. Everything you should expect from a BW Plus property. The ugly side: Upon check-in, I was told I needed to use the interior room door to unlock the exterior room door. An odd room configuration to be sure. Upon entering our room, I figured out why. All of the exterior doors had rusted through at the bottom and needed to use the safety lock on the inside to keep someone from easily pushing the door open. The rust had created hole in the bottom of our door could have fit a broom handle. We were fortunate not to have any critter issue because of this but did have an issue with the smoke from other guest smoking outside their rooms. As for cleanliness, I'll let the water bottle under the bed skirt, peppermints under the AC unit, and stale bread chunk on top of the iron storage area speak for itself. If you are traveling with more than 2 people, bring your own towels. I asked the hotel for 2 additional towel sets. What I got was 1 towel and a hand towel. It seems they have an issue with item theft because of the placard in front of the TV indicating the cost for every (and I mean every) item in that room. To me, a lot of this would have been forgivable if I'd had payed $29.99 a night. I did not expect this from a Best Western Plus.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in our area and we apologize for the problems you encountered. We have fixed the door issue and the cleanliness with our housekeeping department. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won’t be disappointed in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night while traveling from Maryland to Boston with my wife and three kids. Keith at the front desk was awesome. Such a nice guy. Our original room was on the first floor and when we decided that we needed a different room, he was quick to comply. The room and motel are pretty dated and the room was rather dusty, but we all slept well and had a great breakfast in the morning. The pool is huge, albeit a bit cold. All in all, a nice stay for a quick pass through!

Stayed: June 2014
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us. I will welcome the opportunity for you to pay us another visit and see the progress of our renovations. Safe travels…

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here last year and had a horrible stay. But I thought I would give them a second chance and they definitely redeemed themselves. The check in was fast and this time VERY courteous. The room was clean, dry and EVERYTHING worked this time around. I am Happy to say that they are making great strides to make sure your stay is a good one. And they are succeeding !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Richard S, General Manager at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We appreciate the opportunity to have you as a guest one more time. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations knowing that our team contributed to your overall experience. We hope to see you again soon…