“Amazing Hotel in a great location”
Review of The Village Lodge

The Village Lodge
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
los angeles
“Amazing Hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was my first 3 AAA hotel to stay in and it was really lovely. The location is perfect because there is almost everything near or around the vicinity. There are numerous places to eat and drink and yes that does cause a noise problem. Our two bedroom suite was on the 4th floor facing the Gondola so basically facing the openness of the village area and it was pretty loud till about midnight and then very early in the morning. That's really my only negative along with the lack of air conditioning. They have a portable a/c which doesn't do much to cool a two bedroom condo. They REALLY need to invest in a/c for the price they charge to stay. The customer service is fantastic and I'd like to personally thank Michelle from the front desk who worked effortlessly to help accommodate my family. The maid service even washed our dishes which i was really surprised about. I wasn't expecting that! The rooms were comfortable and spacious and everything is there for you including dishes, pans, ect. The pool area is nice and there are two spas. I really liked the activities around the grounds like bean bag toss, horsehoes, sandbox for kids, ect. It was an upscale hotel that I would usually NEVER spend the kind of money is costs to stay at but it was very nice and we enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank amanda42
TomSmith11053, General Manager at The Village Lodge, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your kind and thorough review of The Village Lodge! I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience for your first time at The Village Lodge. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our many amenities and surrounding location – there truly are a countless amount of perks that go hand in hand with staying in the heart of Mammoth. I apologize for any inconveniences you ran into in terms of noise and heat. I have forwarded your message along to our property manager so we can properly assess our options when it comes to air conditioning. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo for a friends wedding. On arrival, we found the living area to be very spacious with a well stocked kitchen, fire place, and great overlook of the pool. The rooms were good sized and the beds were comfortable. The most noteworthy part of the quarters was that everything felt very homey. I could easily see staying here on vacation for a week or more.

The staff was very helpful, and had no problem helping us arrange additional accommodations. The pool was also very well maintained, however the hours made our hot-tub time VERY limited. In fact, if there was one recommendation I would make, it would be this: Don't close all your hot tubs at 10:00, especially since its a ski resort. Hot tubs and skiing go hand-in-hand.

Other than that, great! Would highly recommend, and plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Very sunny in the mornings.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
TomSmith11053, General Manager at The Village Lodge, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your kind and thorough review of The Village Lodge! I am so glad to hear that you found your condo extremely comfortable and accommodating. Our staff work very hard to provide the most efficient and accommodating service as possible, and they will be thrilled to hear your comment as I pass it along to them. Thank you for your suggestion about the hot tub hours – I will pass this along to Property Management. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Beautiful condo style hotel accommodations in Mammoth Village were the perfect digs for our first time at Mammoth Lakes. The staff were very nice and super accommodating, and the Village Lodge has plenty of things to do. The room was clean, well attended and they really took great care of us.

The Village is a great location, with games, a pool, and fire pit for s'mores. All of Mammoth's fun was very close by.

I highly recommend this hotel for your next stay at Mammoth!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind review of The Village Lodge! I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great vacation with us, especially on your first trip to Mammoth! Thank you for your compliments on our property – our staff strives to ensure that every guest receives an inviting and accommodating experience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is well located in the centre of town. As previous reviews show the good location can lead to noise as cafes and restaurants in The Village are well frequented. The hotel rooms appear small and dark (not as large and bright as on the hotel's website). Room appeared dark even though we were on the fourth floor (got an upgrade) and weather was sunny. When I inquired at reception about a brighter room, the lady showed us a room on the first floor which was even darker - not really helpful. Also, the room furniture, especially the living area, appears very worn and could benefit from a renewal. And it was the only hotel in the US so far, where the bath amenities weren't renewed even though we stayed two nights. On the second day our room key didn't work anymore. As the hotel is very large it took us about three minutes to take the lift back down, walk over to the reception building and up the reception stairway. And then you have to get all back again. Would have been nice to get a room key that works for the whole stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your thorough review of The Village Lodge! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, and hope that you were able to take advantage of all the amenities that come with it! Thank you for your constructive feedback. I have passed your comments along to housekeeping and maintenance. Your suggestions will be addressed immediately. I apologize for your inconvenience with the key card, as sometimes they do get demagnetized. I trust that the Front Desk was able to help you out in the most efficient way possible. We hope to welcome you again soon!
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Only stayed here one night as part of a larger trip & was blown away by what you got for the money. We had a one bed apartment with kitchen, balcony etc. wished we had booked for longer as didn't get a chance to fully appreciate it. Only minor gripe was at check in we emptied our car only to find out we were in a different building... Could have had a wee note next to valet parking to forewarn you of this as we had a LOT of luggage.... Defo be back though

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
TomSmith11053, General Manager at The Village Lodge, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review of The Village Lodge! I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your condo. Thank you for your suggestion about the valet parking. We will definitely take your comment into consideration. Please come back soon so we can show you all of the different amenities that The Village Lodge has to offer!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous hotel-resort we had an open fire in our suite and a bed to die for. The pools were lovely as were all the little shops and restaurants on site. Loved it here. Could've stayed longer

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your kind review of The Village Lodge! I am so happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our location and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you again soon – this time for a longer stay!
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I only stayed here two nights and they double billed my checking account. They did take care of it and fixed it but was a hassle. Thank goodness I checked my account before I left!!
I highly recommend staying at Tamarack lodge instead!

2 Thank LiZBarcenas76