All reviewsfull hookupsclose to townvisitor centerbike pathnice amenitiespine treeslaundrywinterpropanestoragehikingratesvillage
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night in the partial hook up, paved sight. The partial hook up was electric and cable (over 100 channels), there was no water due to cold weather and hadn't been turned on yet.
The early snow was evident with different piles around the campground.
The campground are back end semi spacious sites within the trees.
The restrooms/showers very clean, which require key entry and deposit fee.
The park is close to town and bicycle path at entrance.
It's a resort town and resort price of $51/night.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was our first stop on our first RV trip ever, and we were very happy with the park. The bathrooms were well maintained and clean despite being busy. The swimming pool and hot tub were fantastic. The playground leaves a little bit to be desired, but my kids had a lot of fun in it anyway. The office had a nice store for incidentals and snacks. They had several propane grills available for cooking. The setting is very nice with tall, old growth trees, large boulders that the kids had fun climbing on and exploring. The sites all had nice firepits available. There are complaints that I've read that it's a parking lot. It is and sort of has to be especially if you are planning on being there in the winter. If you weren't on pavement you'd be stuck in the snow and/or mud and it just wouldn't work out. The national forest ranger station is a short walk across the street where they are very informative and friendly with a nice gift shop and lots of local maps for outdoor activities. The camp is a fairly short walk to town with any shopping you may need (grocery, pharmacy, and hardware stores). All in all we had a very good time and I would highly recommend staying here if mammoth is on your itinerary. However for popular times, be sure to book far in advance.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This RV park is extremely overpriced for what you get! $45 a night, no water, no sewer, only 30 amp, and one large parking spot on asphalt to fit your rig into. We were left without any room to park our tow vehicle. I understand that it’s winter & this is snow country, so things are going to freeze overnight. But that’s when your rates should reflect the limited hookups!

We would definitely not stay here again, nor would we recommend it.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We have camped at this particular RV park at least 50 nights over recent years.
At first it was a pleasant experience. There were several different guys who ran the office that were friendly, helpful and the overall experience was better. Now there are young girls who lack friendliness, professionalism and respect. I asked about why the office is now run by only females, and was told the male employees were stealing money and had to be fired, so the owner doesn't trust males. Wow! Ever heard of sexual discrimination being illegal?

In recent experience the girls operating the office are rude and cater to their friends, who are a young and undesirable party crowd. We have always followed MMRV park rules and regulations, but these girls amend those rules and regulations at will to accommodate friends. Last year we were camping with our friends in neighboring campsites that we were assigned to, and the office staff told us we had to move. I refused to move because we had reservations for 5 nights over spring break, and we had never agreed to changing sites when assigned to those spots. I am physically handicapped so tearing down our campsite and setting up again would be a burden for me, as well as an inconvenience. I told them that I had done everything legally as stated in writing according to their [stipulated] rules, and that I refused to move. They said the spots we were in were reserved by other parties arriving. I told them we were assigned to those spots the first day of arrival and our reservations were for 5 consecutive days, therefore we were not moving. They threatened to have us moved and I told them I would file and ADA lawsuit, as well as a civil lawsuit. I have sent e-mails and left messages for the owner (I think her name is Melissa?), but she has never given me the courtesy of a reply. My family stayed there this weekend, and again we were treated horrible and told to move to a spot that wasn't even plowed. I have experience in law, and I think it's time for that ADA lawsuit to be filed.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank AprilC73
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We had a great time camping there for a week. Everyone was friendly. We had to stay on the asphalt due to winter conditions, but we expected that. The spa and pool were great after long days of skiing. The bike paths were fun to use. Bathrooms were clean and heated. The buses into town are easy to access or you can drive/walk the 1-2 miles to the village. Can’t beat the rates compared to condo rentals!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family