“Great Location!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

BrucePL
Santa Barbara, California
“Snowcreek unit long in the tooth”
Reviewed 27 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

Unit 272 Snowcreek

Best: Location, view
Least: Shabbiness of interior

It was easy to book our stay and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. It was nice to get a discount for a 7-night stay. We also arranged a no-cost late checkout; much appreciated.

We have stayed in Mammoth over the past 20 years and the past 12 at several different units in Snowcreek. In fact we stayed in this same unit in 2001. The Snowcreek Phases I, II, III where 272 is located, are very well planned and laid out and the grounds are well maintained. There is a good feeling of not being crowded even though it is a high-density development. One common shortcoming is that the units interior to the buildings are dark, so we always go for the corner units for extra windows. We have avoided Phases 4, 5, 6 because they are so densely built and impacted in comparison, even though they are much newer. And Phases I, II, III are on a beautiful stretch of Mammoth Creek.

Snowcreek advertises this unit 272 as a “Standard” rating rental. Our conclusion is that it is far below the meaning of this term.

A musty odor greets you upon entering and the entry rugs are stained and filthy. The front door lock sticks. Simple things are missing or broken. There are no fireplace tools for example. The dining table seats six but there are only 3 place matts. A few dining chairs are missing cushions, and the existing cushions are ripped. The sofas need to be cleaned. The carpet is full of stains throughout. There is a nice new flat screen TV but it is placed on a cabinet in front of the living room window so it blocks the light and the view. A DVD player is provided but it does not play Blu Ray – I think that can be had for less than $100. On the miniature balcony deck we enjoyed a very nice view and new decking and railing. But the barbeque was inoperable and its grill and innards were rusted out. Two web folding chairs were on the deck but one has ripped webbing and a broken armrest. In the kitchen the dishwasher dish rack is missing a wheel. In the bath the tub is original vintage and the non-skids on the bottom have worn out; needs a bath mat.

As with other Snowcreek older units the wood kitchen cabinets and doors, moldings, are very basic and date from the 1970’s. That would be fine but the wood finishes in this unit have never been retouched and show almost 30 years of wear. I have similar cabinets in part of my home and I have wiped them down with Watco furniture oil; look like new now. Cost about $15 and one hour of my time. Again, this would be a simple cost effective fix.

In summary, the unit is simply shabby and below Standard. As I was packing up my car I chatted with a couple that were staying in the same building as ours and in a similar one-bedroom unit. Their comment on their unit was the same; shabby. And these folks have previously owned two Snowcreek units so they know what they are talking about.

So, we can’t recommend unit 272 to anyone who is interested in a “Standard” rental experience. It has gone far downhill since our stay in 2001. Look elsewhere in the development. We won’t give up on Snowcreek but we are finished with 272.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and view
Liked least: overall shabbiness of unit
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
27 Aug 2012
Dear Bruce:

Thank you for your review. I apologize that Snowcreek #272 did not meet your expectations. I will review your comments with my team in order to improve the property and hopefully the next guest's experience.

Best Regards,

Check-in / front desk
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$258
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Talk to the Manager
1 8669899343
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing