All reviews yogurt hot tub free breakfast winter months room was spacious ski lockers ski trip slopes lodge fireplace skiing mammoth yosemite village basin bear gondola
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Our room was on the 3rd floor. Got a workout going up and down the stairs. There is a little bar in the basement area. They have great appetizers. We had planned on dinner but appetizers were good sized. The breakfast was great. Lots of fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and yogurt. Would stay here again. Would not recommend if you are not able to climb stairs. Great view from the deck. They were having a bike race and we could watch from deck.

Room tip: Would not recommend if you are unable to climb stairs.
Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I decided to take a trip to Mammoth for our vacation this year. I had never been so we thought it would be great to see the Mammoth lakes and mountains in the summer. It was a great experience.
When I first called to confirm the room stay, the front desk gal was a bit rude when I asked her how I would find the hotel (We were going to get there really late) by saying "I don't know, look it up online" Obviously, I'm happy I have a phone with Google Map and was able to find the hotel fine. We both were really happy to find our keys in an envelope when we arrived. Our room was quaint and clean. It was nice to have that easy-breeze feeling without having to worry to check in and/or register. Each day they had fresh water out for all and fruit. Complimentary breakfast was also available for you to partcipate in. Our room was cleaned daily and we never had to worry about anything. It was a bit out of the main attractions (The Village) which was nice as we didn't have to worry about too many people, noise etc.

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had an enjoyable dinner at the restaurant at The Austria Hof Lodge in Mammoth Lakes California. We shared the combo dinner for two and found it to be very tasty and more than enough food for us with leftovers. It was about $45 and worth it. The apple strudel desert was excellent...it would have been better if the strudel was warm. The service was very good...the atmosphere is a bit dated but it does suit the theme they are trying to put out. We will come back.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We needed somewhere to stay for a family (mum, dad & 2 teenagers) for a couple of nights whilst we biked and toured around the area so rented a condo.

Overall, I'd say this was a good choice - the condo was fine - what d'you need? It was clean, nice bathroom, tv/sounds, wi-fi, kitchenette with fridge/freezer compartment, coffee-maker, dishwasher, blah blah.

Breakfast at the Austria Hof thrown in - probably, no definitely, the nicest breakfast, with home made muffins, granola, cakes, etc.

Oh yes, we all enjoyed bear TV from the balcony one evening as Ursula came round to check the dumpsters. Kids were thrilled.

BTW, 17yo MTB hipster son says Mammoth was well worth it. Personally, I'd like to see what it'd be like with snow on the slopes but overall it was a good little break.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

If you are going to Mammoth Lakes, consider staying in one of the condos that Austria Hop represents. You could stay in a hotel, but why when you have could have a full size kitchen, separate bedrooms,two bathrooms, wood burning fireplaces, a gorgeous forest view, and all the comforts of your very own home. The condo I stayed in was so nice. It was clean, modern, and all the furniture was in excellent condition. The only negative-the coffee pot handle was broken, making it a bit more difficult to pour.

Room tip: Make sure you book a condo, when searching Austria Hof. Although the hotel is really cool, has a bar and good eats, it is really nice to have a the luxury of your own "home".
Date of stay: June 2013