“Terrible service, food just ok”
Review of Hot Chicks Rotisserie - CLOSED

Hot Chicks Rotisserie
Cuisines: American
Escondido, California
“Terrible service, food just ok”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We just ate here a couple of days ago. My husband called and ordered the tri tip family dinner with mashed potatoes & gravy and baked beans. They said it would take 20 minutes. He went to pick it up in 20 minutes, and they told him they were out of tri tip. they said we could have chicken instead. my husband said fine. then they told him they were out of mashed potatoes and gravy. so we got rice instead. They waited another 20 minutes to be told that the chicken still wasn't done, but now the tri tip was done, so we could have that after all. the tri tip was good. the beans were bland & the rice was terrible! I don't think we'll eat there again.

• Visited July 2013

Berkeley, CA, USA
“Liked the old location, the new one is filthy”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Hot Chicks was a consistent fixture on my Mammoth Lakes take out calendar. The chicken was tasty and reasonably priced, the owners and staff had a genuine enthusiasm for the product and it had a nice comfortable vibe.
The mashup in the new location (inside of the Java Joint) is a real let down. The Java Joint staff are just plain weird. The attitude they give off is "what's a chicken". They are unfamiliar with the menu and couldn't really care if you buy a chicken or not.
The lackadaisical attitude is also evident in the distinct lack of cleanliness in their prep area. When I was there I saw several things that were health violations. The most glaring was meat was being held at room temp. Add to that a floor that is filthy with food scraps and what looked like hair and all i can say is YUCK.

• Visited July 2013
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
“Weird place”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We went here one night based on the revies we had read. Let's just say it was weird and the food was ok. The guy behind the counter acted drunk or stoned. He said don't plan on getting a smoothie because I am not making anymore tonight, I am ready to go home. He also turned several people away saying they had run out of food. There were crochet yarns all over for sale old dingy furniture, and rental movies all in the eating area. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. We spent $40 on 4 sandwich's and 3 can drinks. I would not go back. It was just ok, and the atmosphere was awful.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tonya R
Mammoth Lakes, California
“Best Roasted Chicken Ever!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Their roasted chicken is as good as it gets. The macaroni and cheese is alos delicious. When the have the tri-tip tacoes as a special they are great as well.

Visited December 2012
“Great food”
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

My kids and I were happy with the meaty selection. We got into town just as they were closing but they whipped up tritip sandwiches that were heaven sent. A bit overpriced but so is everything in mammoth.