“Best coffee in Mammoth”

Black Velvet Coffee | Espresso Bar
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Great coffee. Sparse decor and tables with good music. Great selection of coffee and teas. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I just can't walk past this store without going in for a cup of coffee--you can smell fresh ground coffee out the door and into the parking lot that just pulls you in. It's usually a bit of a wait since each drink is hand-crafted but worth it. Modern decor is a little too sterile for my taste but I appreciate that they were able to create a distinct environment pretty unique in Mammoth.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I had high hopes for this coffee house given the rave reviews on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, my mocha was only average. It was made with powdered chocolate and overpoweringly chocolately. They do serve drip coffee, which seemed to attract the largest purchasers when I was there. Also, I've noticed a trend in Northern California where they only serve one size of coffee, the equivalent to a tall.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a great place for those that enjoy great coffee! The decor is simple, clean and sophisticated like the coffee. There was a group of five us so we had to wait for everyone's drinks, but it was worth it. Each cup of coffee is handcrafted and that takes a few minutes, but who doesn't need to take a few minutes to sit back and relax. I would definitely go back if I was in the area again.

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Beautiful and modern, this place is a breath of fresh air in Mammoth. Because I'm vegan, I normally order soy lattes and they don't carry soy but do carry almond milk. I gave it a try and wow....the flavor, the heart shape in the foam and the richness was unbelievable!!! This place is a must.