“Third time stay at Juniper Springs Resort”

Juniper Springs Resort
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

In September of 2013 my wife and I stayed at the Juniper Springs Resort for three days while I trained for the Tioga Pass run in Lee Vining to Yosemite up the 120....My wife and I were treated extremely well during our stay, great restaurants were recommended and we had the most outstanding stay, used the fitness room as well as the Jacuzzi...There are three Jacuzzi's ! and a great pool along with under cover gas barbecues right next to the pool, Bocce Ball, ping pong and an outdoor fire pit. The overall feel of the lobby and the hotel reminds me of the grand hotels in Canada, Banff Springs and Lake Louise. I personally travel much as an Astrophysicist supporting the DOD , stay in many hotels and I cannot say enough about the Juniper Springs hotel.

Unfortunately my wife passed away unexpectedly from a brain aneurysm in December of 2013. However I decided to ignore the fabulous memories of the stay my wife and I had and to stay at the Hotel again in June of 2014 with my children before a backpacking trip in the high back country of Yosemite. Again great restaurant recommended and had a great stay, albeit very short. We ended our backpacking trip earl (6 days)y, so we decided to drive straight to Juniper Springs and see if we could recover in the luxury of the Hotel.

At the front desk was Kaitlin, who was the most hospitable, and kind receptionist I have ever met. She not only found us a room at a discounted rate, but it was a great room overlooking the pool ect. She helped us order pizza and have it delivered to our room. I am writing this review actually mainly because of Kaitlin, otherwise I would not have. The Juniper Springs Resort stands majestically on its own but with employees greeting you like Kaitlin, it is far and above just a resort or hotel, it is extravagant dream-stay nestled amongst the mountains of Mammoth.

Thank you Kaitlin!!! I will be here again in September preparing my final runs at altitude for the Tioga pass run, this year and probably for many runs and camping trips to come....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Martial_Magician
juniperresortgm, General Manager at Juniper Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Martial- Magician
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Juniper Springs Resort. Our deepest condolences for your loss. I’m happy to hear that you were able to still enjoy your time here and make new memories with your family. We look forward to your return to Juniper Springs in September.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We arrived on a Friday afternoon for weekend stay in June. Even though the hotel was 98% full check -in was efficient and staff were very friendly and helpful. Our two bedroom suite was large and very clean. The kitchen was well equipped and the dining area accommodated our group easily. The free shuttle around town was a wonderful bonus. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I heard some of the suites have open floor plans and some do not, we had an open floor plan. I will...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Teri T
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Juniper Springs Resort. I’m delighted to hear the accommodations fit your large group well! We look forward to your return to Juniper Springs Resort.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This resort offered everything we were looking for in a weekend getaway. It was quite and off the main road. We had a lovely room facing the hillside that said we had privacy and utilized our balcony every morning and enjoyed the fresh air and morning sunshine. The rooms are clean with a fully equipped kitchen.
There are plenty of things to do if you like outdoor activities and there are plenty of restaurants that remain open during the summer months.
This resort would also be amazing in the winter because of its location!

Room Tip: Our room was on the fourth floor facing the hillside, room 443.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
juniperresortgm, General Manager at Juniper Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Hartes62012,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Juniper Springs Resort. I’m thrilled you found Juniper springs to be in the prefect location her in Mammoth Lakes, CA. We look forward to your return to Juniper Springs Resort!

Peter A

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed 1 night at Juniper Springs on our way to Yosemite. A further nights stay would have given us time to see more of Mammoth Lakes. AS a previous reviewer says, this is at a high altitude. We were very fortunate to have been given one of the larger 'rooms' which had a kitchen, living area, good sized bathroom and bedroom. The kitchen had the best fitted out facilities we have ever had - it all seemed very new, However the dining and sitting areas had obviously been well used. The views from our balcony were superb.
For food supplies and restaurants it is a 5 minute drive into Mammoth Lakes village.
The underground parking is great and very accessible.

Room Tip: We had room 404 which was spacious and had a very large balcony with great views.

Dear Katherine E,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Juniper Springs Resort. I’m pleased to hear the fully equipped kitchen has met all your needs during your stay at Juniper Springs Resort! We look forward to your return to Juniper spring Resort.

Peter A

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Room was large enough with a seating area, dining table and some kitchen area (though had to unplug the noisiest fridge ever in order to sleep), but the bathroom was very small and dated.
We only stayed for 2 nights in June in order to visit Yosemite, which will take you about 2 hours each way to drive to!
To be fair we didn't use any of the facilities except the Business Centre which did it's job.
The biggest issue was it's location, which whilst close to one ski lift it is a drive to the Village or main drag thru town where all the restaurants and bars are located, certainly not walkable.
Just thought it was slightly overpriced for a mid standard hotel in a poor location.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MelandAndyY
juniperresortgm, General Manager at Juniper Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear MelandAndyY,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. While only a mile away from most restaurants and bars, our customers generally prefer the quietness our resort offers. We do offer a coffee shop with the essentials and a complimentary shuttle ride to make the dining experience more enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in June. Arrived on a Sunday, very quiet, weekend crowd was leaving. The check-in was fast and the staff very polite and professional. Secured underground parking with key card. My room was very, very clean, Suite, king size bed, kitchenette, 2 TV's, dining table, sofa, large bath room, extra towels, robes, small balcony, wi-fi. Everything in the room was super clean and organized. I was pleasantly surprised with the nicety of the room. I would recommend this location to family and friends. $20/day resort fee charged on way out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
juniperresortgm, General Manager at Juniper Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear MICHAEL G,

Thank you for reviewing Juniper Springs Resort on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Come visit us again soon!

Cordially,

Peter, A.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here two nights for our anniversary. The staff was delightful...Craig was our favorite! They are especially tuned in to what to do and where to go...always helpful when visiting! What a gorgeous place to stay! The views are amazing and there are lots of fun activities to truly enjoy time away!

Some of the rooms are more updated than others, but they are all spacious! It's true, as other reviewers mentioned, no air conditioning. Wasn't warm enough even in the summer to need it, if you ask me. They have fans in the closet and the rest of the benefits make up for it. Although it was just the two of us, it would be a fabulous place to stay with friends or family. We'd love to come back! Each room has a kitchen, dining table and living room. They have grills below, making it extra perfect for dining in and enjoying good company.

The town is adorable. We came in the summer, but winter would probably be extra amazing. So close to Yosemite, with lots to see in the immediate area too. Have dinner at Petra's...so good!

Thanks for a delightful stay! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear nazmidwest,

Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for a delightful review.

Warm Regards,