In September of 2013 my wife and I stayed at the Juniper Springs Resort for three days while I trained for the Tioga Pass run in Lee Vining to Yosemite up the 120....My wife and I were treated extremely well during our stay, great restaurants were recommended and we had the most outstanding stay, used the fitness room as well as the Jacuzzi...There are three Jacuzzi's ! and a great pool along with under cover gas barbecues right next to the pool, Bocce Ball, ping pong and an outdoor fire pit. The overall feel of the lobby and the hotel reminds me of the grand hotels in Canada, Banff Springs and Lake Louise. I personally travel much as an Astrophysicist supporting the DOD , stay in many hotels and I cannot say enough about the Juniper Springs hotel.
Unfortunately my wife passed away unexpectedly from a brain aneurysm in December of 2013. However I decided to ignore the fabulous memories of the stay my wife and I had and to stay at the Hotel again in June of 2014 with my children before a backpacking trip in the high back country of Yosemite. Again great restaurant recommended and had a great stay, albeit very short. We ended our backpacking trip earl (6 days)y, so we decided to drive straight to Juniper Springs and see if we could recover in the luxury of the Hotel.
At the front desk was Kaitlin, who was the most hospitable, and kind receptionist I have ever met. She not only found us a room at a discounted rate, but it was a great room overlooking the pool ect. She helped us order pizza and have it delivered to our room. I am writing this review actually mainly because of Kaitlin, otherwise I would not have. The Juniper Springs Resort stands majestically on its own but with employees greeting you like Kaitlin, it is far and above just a resort or hotel, it is extravagant dream-stay nestled amongst the mountains of Mammoth.
Thank you Kaitlin!!! I will be here again in September preparing my final runs at altitude for the Tioga pass run, this year and probably for many runs and camping trips to come....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have the Mountains at your Front Door. Juniper Springs Lodge, Sunstone and Eagle Run make up Mammoth's premier ski-in/ski-out resort. Located at Eagle Lodge and Eagle Express chairlift, these studio to three bedroom condos and townhomes offer an alpine getaway that is ideal for families. Juniper Springs Resort was recently named one of Conde Nast Traveler's top 50 ski resort properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Juniper Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Springs Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Juniper Springs Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Juniper Springs Lodge