1,044 results
All reviews eagle lodge front desk full kitchen chair lift ski lift bedroom condo the shuttle driver underground parking heated pool free shuttle off season ski school lift tickets during summer mammoth mountain sofa bed short drive
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent two nights here and were disappointed with this hotel, especially after having to pay a resort fee on our way out. When we got there, it was dead, we maybe saw 3 people. But they still put us up in room 447 which is wayyyyy out, 4th floor, on the side were the ski lift is, so our view was of this horrible bright white giant dome looking building. It was so bright it reflected super bright into our room so we had to keep the blinds closed. There is also no elevator on that side of the building so we were having to take 4 flights of stairs with our 3 kids. Not fun. Our shower tile looked dirty, parts of our room were dusty like it hadnt been clean in a long time, their pool is itty bitty, no air conditioning, and our room was a bit run down. Eventhough the weather was pretty cool outside, the rooms felt stuffy .

Room tip: Don't go on the side were the ski lift is! Its a horrible view. I had read its loud in the winter with the lifts, but then in the summer like us, its just ugly and the sun reflect off the white ugly dome building.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Adriana O
juniperresortgm, General Manager at Juniper Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Adriana,

Thank you for your recent review of Juniper Springs Resort on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear the location was not suitable for you and your family and please accept my apologies for the lack of attention to detail in the room.

Peter.A

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Tonight is the first of 3 nights we have booked at Juniper Springs. You can have things go really well with Priceline, or really wrong. We booked multiple stays on our super long road trip west with our kids, & I would advise against using Priceline...it's proven too risky.

For Juniper Springs specifically...there's a $20 per day resort fee on top of the price I already paid via Priceline. Can you say rip off? I hate that Priceline doesn't tell you in advance that the hotel you got is going to charge a daily resort fee and then not give you an out. It's too late once you tell Priceline to buy your hotel.

Second fail on our part: we didn't know how FAR this place is to yosemite park. It's 45 min to the east entrance....but the valley is 2.5 hrs from here. So, cons first for juniper springs: too far if you want to enjoy yosemite; it can use a little sprucing up; there is no AC (& even though the temps in Mammoth Lakes are cool at night, the hotel room remains very warm. And the patio door has no screen, so it's not appealing to keep it open all night. As mentioned, the resort fee stinks. I really don't know what that gets me.

Pros: our room had a separate bedroom for my husband & me, with a living room with pull out sofa for my kids. Also, we got a full kitchen....nice to have if you're going to do any meal prep around here. Decent fitness room. There is a pretty good looking pool outside. You get to park your car in car lot beneath the main level...nice to keep out of sun.

Date of stay: July 2014
2  Thank Uberkey

Dear Uberkey,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Juniper Springs Resort. Priceline is a great partner of ours but bidding for a price point and not a specific hotel or location, leaves a few things to chance. We do disclose all our services and prices on all websites we advertise on so our customers know what they are buying. I am sorry again for your experience with Priceline but pleased to see you enjoyed your room with us.

Cordially,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our way towards Yosemite. This was during June, so no snow, but perfect weather! Temp outdoors was always around 80 degrees.

We stayed on the third floor, in a suite that had a kitchen, a tv room with a couch and fireplace, and a separate bedroom with a king bed. The tv room led to a balcony that was about 4' wide and about 8' long, and it had a great view. We were greeted at the entrance to the room by a small Mammoth elephant, made from folded towel(s). (see pictures) The overnight stay was very quiet. No loud noises or people partying near the pool, as we did not hear anything. Probably assisted by the multi-pane windows. The view from the balcony also overlooked the pool and bbq area, but the mountains were just spectacular. I recommend the suite we stayed in, facing the courtyard.

The decor was contemporary and very clean. Nothing bad to say about this suite, at all. Directv was provided, as well as free wifi.

All in all, a great stay that we would do again.

Room tip: The third floor is the last floor, so no noise from rooms above. However, we heard a little bit of the wind passing over the roof. But not terrible.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
juniperresortgm, General Manager at Juniper Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Dave A.
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Juniper Springs Resort. I’m pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the view from your room. We look forward to your return to Juniper Springs in the near future!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

When we walked into our "room", we were surprised to see it was almost an apartment; we'd somehow managed to miss that it was a self catering place and not a hotel.

But no matter, we headed back into town to the supermarket and topped up on breakfast and snack essentials, plus wine!

We were tired after driving from Tahoe via Bodie to Mammoth Lakes, and didn't fancy going out to eat, so it was nice to have our own self contained world to chill out in. Sad to say that dinner the first night consisted of a pizza from Domino's (as bad in the US as in the UK), but still it was a very pleasant, relaxed evening with a chilled Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc.

The view from the balcony, over the swimming pools and BBQ area towards Mammoth Mountain were stunning, particularly early in the morning as the sun was coming up.

Overall, a very pleasant place to stay and a good base for hiking in the Sierra Nevada, although the rooms were very warm in non skiing season!

Date of stay: September 2013
1  Thank Rikwhitt

Dear Rikwhitt
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Juniper Springs Resort. I’m delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and were able to enjoy the views from your balcony. We look forward to your return to Juniper Springs Resort.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We planned on staying for a few days to relax. Hubby wanted to fish I was going to treat myself to a spa day. Well we arrived very late in the afternoon. Fairly nice lobby, get to room and realize this hotel has NO ac.( should have looked closer at other reviews) Hubby called down to desk and was told by the front desk person to "just open the windows and door". Well I don't know about you guys but I AM NOT IN THE HABIT OF LEAVING MY WINDOW OR DOORS OPEN IN HOTELS!!! If I was 5-6 stories up with no balcony yeah maybe. We had a large balcony that was easily accessible. So duh NO I was not going to open my window and doors and go to sleep. Next day we checked out by 11 am the room was close to 90 degrees by that time.. Now when I get to the front desk WOW!!! they had AC. Funny their guest are burning up but the lobby is very cool. Told that front desk why we are checking out and her quote was yeah it's hot. NO JOKE Never again that is for sure. Oh and BTW this is the second x I reviewed this property. Don't have a clue what happened to the first review. It did not post.

Retired and loving it!
Texas.

Room tip: Make sure you read the review before choosing a hotel.
Date of stay: June 2014
3  Thank angie g

Dear Mrs. Dc G,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. Up high in the mountains there are a few days that the temperatures get warm enough to be uncomfortable. The hotel is also very well insulated for the winter months which make our room even warmer during those warmer days. We are recognized the need for air conditioning and started by installing it in the hallways and common areas and now working on a solution for our guest rooms hopefully soon.

Cordially,