“Dad's 90th birthday”

Mogul Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We are from out of the area and came to Mogul based on its great Trip Advisors reviews. It didn't disappoint Our party of 10 were celebrating our dad's 90th birthday and the incredibly attentive staff made it a very special event. Our waitress who was also our chef was wonderful. Both food and service were excellent. Everyone in our party loved their food and had a wonderful time. We will definitely return next time we are in Mammoth

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The last time I ate at the Mogul was thirty years ago and it is both comforting and a little disturbing to note that, as far as I can tell, the place -- the decor, the furniture, the menu -- is completely unchanged (with one exception: thirty years ago they let you cook your own steak). There's a reason for that: the place is pretty good! The Mogul's formula for success is a long-lasting one: combine a fresh salad bar with sizzling steaks and a baked potato. Nothing was amazing, like I'd-drive-a-hundred-miles-for-this-amazing, but everything we ate tasted good. And the price wasn't bad either. We each had a glass of wine, a salad bar, and we split a flatiron steak entree. Total price, including tip, for two: $60.

We're not really steak people but this seemed right for the night, and we might go to the Mogul again next time we're looking for a 1970's ski hut fix and a juicy hot steak.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I ate here once before, maybe two years ago, and enjoyed it. This time I was with a friend and we enjoyed the food so much that we are here twice. They have a quite excellent salad bar, especially for early October in the mountains of Mammoth Lakes. Between the two nights my friend an I had four different main courses, each of which was excellent.

The service model is a little odd but it works -- your server is also your cook / grill person, and sees personally to the preparation of your main dish. It worked well as on each night, with two different servers, my friend and I were very happy with the service as well as the food.

The wine list is reasonable (not vast, but not tiny) and prices were not outrageous.

All in all, I'll add this to my list of regular haunts in Mammoth Lakes.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have been coming to Mammoth Lakes for years and never knew about this restaurant until reading reviews on Tripadvisor. The food was excellent! I had the New York steak which was cooked perfectly and my son had the salmon, which he loved. The restaurant is very charming and the staff is very friendly. We are already looking forward to our next meal there.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We selected this restaurant based on reviews from others on Tripadvisor, we were not as impressed as some but it certainly wasn't a bad experience. Situated just off the main drag into Mammouth Lakes it is easy to find with ample parking available. Although they are noted for their steaks I found their pan fried Hake to be very good. My wife's steak was good but not the best she has had. Yes we would return if we were in the area.