Crystal Crag Lodge
Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$155
Quality Inn(Mammoth Lakes)
US$122
QualityInn
Mammoth Mountain Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$146
Mammoth Creek Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$146
Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$157
Alpenhof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$113
Hotels.com
Sierra Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$113
Juniper Springs Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$135
US$200
US$175
Travelocity
Tamarack Lodge and Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$112
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Garnet cabin (1 bedroom, lakeview) with our 2 children (6.5 and 1.5) at the end of June. Tons of snow still, but Lake Mary had melted at least. We loved the cabin--very unpretentious and cozy. It is small--we had to keep shifting our luggage from room to room depending on the time of day and the activities we were engaged in, but it was nice to have an authentic old cabin experience. Lake Mary is beautiful and there was a wonderful view of it from our cabin. Staff was very friendly and responsive to all our needs. Our only real complaint was the bed--not very comfortable and the sheets kept rolling off the bed whenever we would move or roll over. Overall a wonderful experience, though one thing to keep in mind is how very high Lake Mary is--amost 9000 feet. This really hit us hard as we live at sea level. After about a day we had all the symptoms of altitude sickness (feeling winded all the time, lethargic, loss of appetite, trouble sleeping, etc.), which made it kind of hard to get the most out of our vacation. But obviously this is not Crystal Crag's fault. Nice that they had a laundromat on site, too.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank DCCaliChick
Reviewed 28 October 2010

My husband and I, along with our pup, traveled up to Mammoth in October 2010 and stayed 4 nights at Crystal Crag Lodge............which really is a group of cabins of various sizes. The area is just beautiful and did not feel crowded, but it was October!

Cabins - we stayed in Twin which is a one bedroom one bath cabin on the back row, so not lake view. However, the cabin was very clean and comfortable with all of the the amenities we needed - full kitchen, full bath with shower (no tub), fire place, grill on porch. We very much enjoyed our stay here. We did feel the prices were rather high, however, we'd rather stay in a cabin outside of town rather than a regular hotel room in town. There is no luxury here.....just basics, but that was fine for us.

We brought our bikes and went hiking and fishing around the lake. Pets are welcome for a reasonalbe pet fee.

All in all - we LOVED it!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Can_we_go
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Group of housekeeping cabins on Lake Mary, Mammoth Lakes, Ca. Even though a bit funky like most housekeeping cabins (what was my grandmother's veneer end table doing in the bathroom?), cabins & grounds are well-maintained. Beds are unusually comfortable & linens very nice. Service was excellent & cheerful. The problem for me was the location, not the resort. This beautiful mountain lake is swarming with people & boats & there is plenty of trash on the shoreline. Car traffic was constant on the weekends.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank PeachGazeach
Reviewed 26 July 2010

The cabin was a great choice to locate ourselves for a 9 day trip to the Mammoth Lakes area. The furnishings in the cabin were outdated (I know it's expensive to keep everything updated, but if it was my property I would visit Ikea for kitchen items and The Company Store for bedding and linens) but everything that you would need to cook and relax was there. Lake Mary is across the road and we fished, hiked, rode our bikes to the surrounding lakes and had a wonderful time. No swimming in Lake Mary but the Athletic Club in town has a great outdoor pool for the kids and a spa for the moms! The staff at the lodge were very kind and helpful. We are going again next year!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank foothillschick
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I know this place has great appeal for a longer stay (the cabin rentals are usually by the week), but I wanted to add it's also great for a one night post-Yosemite stay, if you can get a cabin. Lucky for me, they had a one night opening. I was originally scheduled for a night in "Twin" (one bedroom with a sofa bed in the living room), but I showed up a little early in the day and "Twin" was not ready. Without a word from me, they immediately upgraded me, at no added cost, to "Purple," a three bedroom cabin. Thanks to Pam and the rest of the staff!

The cabin had everything we needed: comfortable beds, plenty of pillows, blankets and towels, wood for the fireplace, everything! And a gorgeous view on top of all that!

Just one more story of Crystal Crag's kindness: a shirt had been accidently left behind. They called, had already washed the shirt, and were offering to send it to us. Very kind, friendly people all the way around! My only recommendation is to try to stay longer than one night!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family