“Perfect place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 90 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Perfect place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

After a long drive and what felt like altitude sickness (but more likely to be hangover) decided to stop here on a whim and glad we did. Great welcome and seated right away. First thing to come out was water for the table followed by the best sala and nachos I've had in a very long time. I can firmly recommend the onion soup it was perfect. The others in my party had jacket potatoes big enough to feed a family of four for a week!! The place seems a bit tired but was spotlessly clean, service quick and very friendly and the food was hot and full of flavour. Perfect!!

• Visited September 2013

Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Good food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Base Camp is one of our go-to places in Mammoth. Nothing fancy here but you are always count on a good sandwich, salad or soup. The vegetable soup is delicious and filling and the best you can get in town. The chili is also good but it's pretty spicy so if you like yours mild, order the soup instead. Prices are reasonable and there is a daily special that is a solid value.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Polson, Montana
“Dog Friendly and Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife and I had a late lunch here during a stop over in Mammoth. The food was excellent, well prepared and the service was good. I the fish and chips and substituted chicken noodle soup instead of a Cesar side salad for a reasonable up charge. The fish was light and flaky, chips fresh and tasty with a light seasoning. I normally hate seasoning on fries however, they got it right. The chicken noodle soup was probably the best I have had in a restaurant. My wife had the Cesar Salad with Chicken. We were both pleased with the food, service and pricing. We will definitely be returning when next in Mammoth. Our dog gave the food four paws up.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tony J
London, United Kingdom
“just what we needed, with a smile!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

After a long day in Yosemite and an even longer drive we needed good uncomplicated food. Base Camp was about to close at 7.30pm but stayed open for us, several other groups soon followed. Food was all freshly prepared and original, excellent salsa and pesto fajitas portions to fill hungry boys at reasonable prices. Fun atmosphere and very friendly staff.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 548janeg
Ventura, CA
“Good Onion Rings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Good food, service, and prices. However, If I had one complaint it is the music. You really need to turn it down. It was difficult to hear eachother talk . Decrease the sound and I am sure to improve your rating on my next visit.

Visited July 2013