“Best Mexican Food In Mammoth Lakes Hands Down”

Roberto's Mexican Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Roberto's Cafe
What more can I say. Every time we are in Mammoth Lakes (2 or 3 time a year) this is the place we ALWAYS have dinner if not lunch also. We have been coming to Roberto's since our kids were small and they are both over 21 now. It's great that we can all enjoy a cold beer or one of the many margaritas they make by the glass or pitcher. The upstairs bar area is great. The log they used for the bar fits in with the mountain experience. Never have had bad service and they do get busy on Friday and Saturday evenings. We go on Sunday evening for dinner being most people have left town.
The chips and salsa are fresh and they gladly bring seconds. The menu selection is large and your standard Mexican fair with some great surprises thrown in. Prices are inline with other Mexican restaurants I have eaten at and a good value for Mammoth. If you want a $1.00 taco then go to a fast food joint. The side salad is large and the portions on the plate huge. The burritos are oversized and can be shared by two for those with a small stomach. I have never had a bad meal here.

My Dad and I were just in Mammoth for some fishing and stopped for dinner on Sunday. I had a ice cold beer, a bowl of Albondigas soup, and a Machaca Con Huevos plate that was just great. My dad had no complaints except it was too much food for him The Nachos are well worth getting. They also have a large selection of Tequila's to try. (Just remember to don't drink and drive).

If you come bring your appetite.

Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you so much for your continued patronage! See you soon

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Yes, we keep returning because we want good Mexican food when we are in Mammoth Lakes. Being from southern California, we think that we know what we like and have trained senses and tongues for the kind of delectable Mexican food that we appreciate. I understand why it is a local's favorite. The layers of flavor and picante in the pollo and beef asada hit our taste profile with a wallop. I had a fresh cool garden salad with my meal last time that really refreshed after a warm day hiking the area. I have no personal knowledge, but am told that the duck tacos are good. During tourist seasons, get here early because it fills up fast although they can usually seat you in the bar and happy hour area upstairs. I have not imbibed here but understand they have many varied margaritas and specials. Next time!

Thanks for your continued support!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

First time eating here. Restaurant was clean, staff was very friendly. Service was attentive and quick. Food was good as well as the margaritas. Will eat here again and recommend to my friends.

Thanks for coming in. We appreciate your review

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This restaurant serves a Fantastic Mexican Cuisine! I had one of the best burritos and the prices are great. Good stuff and you cannot pass on going here for either lunch or dinner. I can tell by the number of locals there, it's a winner!

Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed it

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Nice Mexican food, we enjoyed the shrimp fajita - not cooked at the table on a cast iron skillet as we are used to, but well prepared, and well seasoned. Also the spinach salad was excellent.
Recommended.

1  Thank Lifegood
Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thanks for your review. please come back soon