“Great family Mexican Stop”

Roberto's Mexican Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

They would have gotten a perfect 5 except for some minor glitches. The otherwise, very attentive waiter forgot to take our kid's drink order and our appetizer salads were not timed correctly so that we received our food before we were finished with the salads..other than that, the portions are huge, the flavors are correct, the food is fresh and prepared perfectly! My glass stayed full and I will be back to this charming restaurant surrounded by beautiful wildflowers!

Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you so much, and I'll work on our timing!

There are newer reviews for Roberto's Mexican Cafe

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The food here was excellent. The portions are ridiculously large. Even if you are hungry, split a meal.
We will be back next time we are in Mammoth.

Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thanks for coming in. See you soon

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Roberto`s has become another must visit when we come to Mammoth. The food is excellent. Last visit I had a chicken tostada. The lettuce was fresh, it had a ton of chicken, and the shell was crisp. My son ordered a bean burrito off of the kid`s meal & it was enormous. My husband and I enjoy the Cadillac margaritas. You can actually taste the tequila vs more watered down versions elsewhere. We appreciated being seated on this visit because we walked in about 10 minutes before closing. The only negatives I have are that I feel it is a bit pricey & lacking a bit in customer service. We don't necessarily feel like valued customers. We will definitely return for the food.

Thank you for making us a must and we will strive to make you feel valuable

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently went on a road trip around California, every meal I had was really surprisingly good, until I got here!! I ordered the combination plate of chicken taco and pork tamale with Mexican rice and whole beans. The waitress got my order wrong by giving me refried beans instead of whole beans and the whole thing was just terrible!! The rice tasted like the chicken taco, the chicken taco tasted like the pork tamale and the tamale tasted like the riceand the refried beans were a disgusting slop!! Apart from a couple of crispy bits of the flour taco it was all basically one texture.......one texture and one flavour, I didn't even eat half of it. Honestly the worst meal I had in the whole of California!!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Roberto's used to make their own flour and corn chips. The ones they are using now appear to be factory made and they were stale. Great salsa, but not many points for the salsa when you are serving stale chips. We were seated at a table in the upstairs bar. Things were slowing down, including our waitress who was pleasant, prompt to greet us when we sat down, and notably absent from view for long periods after that. The margaritas are great. They offer several choices of their own creations as well as tequila flights, and can make any recipe you specify. The bottom third of the house margarita with salt tasted like a salt brine. Sloppy bartending let way too much salt drop into the bottom of the glass; hint: rub a lime on the outside only of the rim of the glass to keep salt out of the drink. The food was good and tasty, better than average. Cost was $43.50 for one appetizer, 2 drinks, and 1 dinner plate with 1 taco, beans and rice. Not cheap. They are packed during the usual early evening times.

Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Still make our chips fresh every morning