“Typical country restaurant with great service ”
Review of Angel's Restaurant - CLOSED

Angel's Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Angel's is a Mammoth tradition and your local family restaurant serving up fresh food cooked to order in a timely manor. Also stop by to enjoy our bar and generous happy hour or to catch a game on one of three tvs.
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Just had a great dinner there. Food was really good and great service all at a decent price. Couldn't have expected more. Just what we needed after a 330 mile drive from SFO via Tahoe. Thanks !!!

There are newer reviews for Angel's Restaurant

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Angel's has dropped our favorite dishes, Burnt Ends Stuffed Baked Potato and 1/4 BBQ Chicken with salad. Their food is decent but not as good as it was a year ago. Sad! Service is good and the atmosphere is good, friendly staff.

1  Thank Yulama
Reviewed 4 July 2014

They started the Wed. Night all you can eat ribs like years ago, and also years ago, their ribs were very tender and great. Last time I ate here might have been 5 years ago, they did not have the all you can eat ribs, but I got them anyway, and they were not something I would order again. So we just went on this visit, mostly because the all you can eat was back again, and the ribs were actually burnt, black burnt, I asked our waitress if I could maybe have some that were not cooked so well...these were so tough the knife could hardly cut the meat...she told me she just takes what the cook hands her...huh, seriously. Ok, so I asked for more after I choked down the first serving, and they were also black, crispy black, somehow I think because they are all you can eat, they don't care how they are cooked, or save the bad ones for the all you can eat people. Anyway, my husband had the chili burger. It is open faced, and he said the chili was very dry, no sauce, a lot of whole black and brown beans, some meat, sitting on a bun. I guess we won't be giving this place any more chances to improve, been going there for years, it's only getting worse.

1  Thank Robtzu
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We ordered 1 hamburger and a steak. Very well cooked.
The personnel is kind and fast in serving.
The prices are medium.

1  Thank alexascab
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We ate here after a long day of driving and hiking. We were starving. All we wanted was water and some good food. We have eaten here the previous year but they must have gotten new owners or chef or something. The waitress seemed annoyed we only wanted water and wanted to take our order as soon as we sat down. We asked her to give us a moment to look at the menu so she disappeared for about 15 minutes. I ordered the pulled pork sand which and the boyfriend got the biggest burger on the menu, medium well. My pork was ice cold the fries burnt so bad when you bit into one it crumbled to an ash like substance. The boyfriends hamburger was so well done it had burnt edges and his fries the same. The waitress seemed unbothered that we were unsatisfied. We won't go here again.

1  Thank daintygirl
Brian B, Owner at Angel's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that your dining experience (in particular the food) was not acceptable. We are the same group from Convict Lake Resort that renovated the property and have been running the restaurant for the past two years. We did hire an exceptional chef and the long-time manager from the Mill Café so they have generally been spot on and received good reviews.

Please let us know the time that you visited the restaurant and we will look into this.

You may reach me direct at brianbalarsky@convictlake.com.

Thanks,