“Great happy hour!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mammoth Slopes Drive
Description: The Austria Hof Restaurant offers a truly unique dining experience. Choose from delicious appetizers such as lobtser ravioli with tomato sauce, Poki Salad or seared sea scallops with leeks and pancetta. Entrees include Certified Angus beef steaks, Roast Duck, Spicy shrimp and roast vegatable pasta, Pistachio crusted elk rack and of course our timeless German classics such as Sauerbraten with potato pancakes to Bratwurst with spicy mustard and German fries. For dessert try our white chocolate cheesecake or famous apple strudel.
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Nice menu selection for happy hour. Lively crowd, pleasant acoustic guitarist. Great location & convenient to walk to if staying at local condo near Canyon Lodge.

Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

I came here based on a reccomendation. It is such a departure from the run of the mill California cuisine you find in most ski towns. The menu has something for everyone. I had Osso bucco and a roasted beet salad. My husband had a roasted beet salad and Elk chops. The elk chops are pictured in prior reviews. I was impressed by their children's menu. Kid's steak was one of the choices. It was a decent piece of steak that my hungry 11 year old enjoyed. The food was delicious and the service excellent. Our water glasses and wine glasses were never empty. Food was delivered promptly. The before meal bread was an herb mix. It was like a biscuit roll. The only complaint that I have ( and I could say this of almost any restaurant ) is that the wine was not the right temperature. It was cool, but not quite the right temp. Other than that, it was an a very good dining experience.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We first ate at this restaurant in 2005 when we stayed in the hotel. The décor hasn't changed much - it looks rather dark as there is no natural light in the restaurant. The bar is as lively as ever and lots of locals regularly eat there The restaurant doesn't seem as busy now as it used to be, but that may be the economic situation, so it doesn't have the same atmosphere as it used to. Anyway, on to the food. We have always enjoyed meals of a consistently
good standard. There are some German influenced choices on the menu, but also a good selection of steak, seafood, duck, chicken and a tasty elk choice. The meal portions are generous so we normally skip the starter and go straight for the main course. The desserts are delicious. If you can pick up a booklet of Mammoth coupons, there is always one for the Austria Hot restaurant, sometimes giving 10% off the bill, sometimes giving a dessert. We missed being served by Bob this time and wish him well with whatever he is doing now.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

The Food here was delicious. I highly recommend the citrus salmon; truly the best I have ever had, I can still taste it!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed at a Motel in Mommoth Lakes on a trip from Yosemite. We got the recommendation from the receptionist in our Motel. Easy to find, ambience is dark and not friendly. We've chosen a platter with typical german food, quality of food is good, the beers are quiet expensive, desserts are very good. Never found out why they call it Austria Hof and not German Hof when they serve german food.

1  Thank mrsorso