My family and I had had a couple of big days driving and after an amazing but long and windy drive through Yosemite and the Tioga Pass we arrived into Mammoth at dusk on a HOT summers day. The valet was immediately friendly and we walked into reception tired but were greeted with a smile and an upgraded view to our room.
The room was perfect for 2 adults, 2 kids and had basic cooking facilities. We didn't cook that night but were desperate for a healthy home cooked meal so we enjoyed going to the supermarket the following day and doing just that.
We ate in one of the restaurants in the village. That first night.
As the previous poster said there are steps but I guess you get that in a ski resort on a mountain? It wasn't anything too taxing but yes going up did take it out of you.
The village itself is so quirky they have lots of free games in the street ie: table tennis, skittles and all sorts of things like that. There was virtually no-one around so after dinner we settled down around 'the campfire' with a cocktail and just enjoyed the peace & quiet.
The Weston's pool and gym complex was great. While the kids and husband swam I was able to do a quick workout while watching them.
The rate was very reasonable but this is because it's out of season. It would be very expensive over the winter I'd imagine. But it was a great spot and a very relaxing place to take 2 days out if our 3 week drive holiday.
All the staff we met were so obliging. I can't rate this place high enough. It wa great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the spectacular Eastern Sierras, The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth enjoys a prime location with stunning panoramic views of the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westin Monache Resort Mammoth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Westin Monache Hotel Mammoth
- Westin Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Westin